Words — 216 found
1. space (between); gap; interval; distance
- You are sitting between Meg and me.
2. time (between); pause; break
3. span (temporal or spatial); stretch; period (while)
- あいだ 、
- How long have you lived in Kobe?
4. relationship (between, among)
- むす 。
- In 1978 a peace treaty was concluded between Japan and China.
5. members (within, among)
6. due to; because ofArchaism, Only applies to あいだ
7. Ma (negative space)Ma is a Japanese word which can be roughly translated as ... Read more
あわい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. time; pause
- せんたく 。
- When the cat is away, the mice will play.
1. interval; period of time
- The play ran for six months.
2. among; between; inter-
- No inequality should be allowed to exist between men and women.
3. good opportunity; chance
4. estrangement; discord; alienation
5. spy; secret agentSee also 間諜
1. interval; space; interstice; threshold
2. valley; gorge; ravinealso 硲
3. loophole (in a wall); crenel; eyelet
狭間 【はさま】、迫間 【はざま】、迫間 【はさま】、間 【はざま】、間 【はさま】
はさま: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. はさま: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. はさま: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. to be in time (for)
- いそ 。
- Hurry up in order to catch the train.
2. to serve (suit, meet) the purpose; to be good enough; to be enough; to manage; to make do
- This will do for the time being.
間にあう 【まにあう】、まに合う 【まにあう】
1. to make a mistake (in); to commit an error (e.g. in calculation)
- You need not be afraid of making mistakes.
2. to confuse; to mistake something for something else
- You've got the wrong station.
1. mistake; error; blunderSee also ミス
2. accident; mishap; trouble
3. improper conduct (e.g. between man and woman); indiscretion
1. soon; shortly; before long; in a short time; in a little whileUsually written using kana alone
- たの 。
- I am looking forward to seeing you soon.
2. having no time to ...; with no time to ...after the dictionary form of a verb
- I didn't have time to recover before I came down with another horrible cold.
1. space; interval
2. space character; whitespaceComputer terminology
1. to make a mistake; to be incorrect; to be mistaken
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. relationship; relation; terms (good, friendly, etc.)
1. layout (of a house or apartment); arrangement of rooms
2. House planA house plan is a set of construction or working drawings... Read more
1. to make do with; to manage with; to make shift
- I don't like this model but I'll have to make do with it.
2. to get (something) done in time; to have ready (by)See also 間に合う
- はたら 。
- I worked all night so to meet the deadline.
1. proximity; nearness; soon; nearby
間近 【まじか】、真近 【まぢか】、真近 【まじか】
まじか: Irregular kana usage. 真近: Irregular kanji usage. まじか: Irregular kana usage. 真近: Irregular kanji usage.
1. the point just before; the point of doing; the verge of happening
1. frontage; width (of a building, plot of land, etc.)
- ふか 。
- It's as deep as it is wide.
2. breadth (e.g. of one's knowledge); scope (e.g. of one's work); range