Words — 15 found
1. space (between); gap; interval; distance; stretch
- すわ 。
- He was sitting between Mary and Tom.
2. period of time (during, while); duration; interval
- しめ 。
- He showed great courage during his illness.
3. between (two parties or things)
- ちょうてい 。
- He mediated between the two parties.
4. among (a group)
- にんき 。
- Tennis is very popular among students.
5. relations (between); relationship
- しっくりい 。
- They don't get along together.
6. midpoint; average; halfway; middle ground
7. due to; because ofArchaism, Only applies to あいだ
8. Ma (negative space)Ma is a Japanese word which can be roughly translated as ... Read more
あわい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. relationship; relation; terms (good, friendly, etc.)
1. to act as an intermediary; to step in; to come between; to intervene; to interject
1. to leave space (between)
間を開ける 【あいだをあける】、間を空ける 【まをあける】、間を空ける 【あいだをあける】
1. to estrange (two friends); to come between (two people); to drive a wedge