Words — 38 found
1. space (between); gap; interval; distance; stretch
- すわ 。
- He was sitting between Mary and Tom.
2. period of time (during, while); duration; interval
- しめ 。
- He showed great courage during his illness.
3. between (two parties or things)
- ちょうてい 。
- He mediated between the two parties.
4. among (a group)
- にんき 。
- Tennis is very popular among students.
5. relations (between); relationship
- しっくりい 。
- They don't get along together.
6. midpoint; average; halfway; middle ground
7. due to; because ofArchaism, Only applies to あいだ
8. Ma (negative space)Ma is a Japanese word which can be roughly translated as ... Read more
あわい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. relationship; relation; terms (good, friendly, etc.)
1. interlude (in traditional Japanese music)
2. chanting or clapping along (during a song or dance)
合の手 【あいのて】、間の手 【あいのて】、相の手 【あいのて】、あいの手 【あいのて】
1. resting place between inn towns (Edo period); town situated between two post towns
2. Ai no shukuAi no shuku were unofficial post stations along historica... Read more
1. wedge (for securing objects together)
2. tie; bond
3. Ai no Kusabiis a Japanese novel written by Rieko Yoshihara. Originall... Read more
合の楔 【あいのくさび】、合いの楔 【あいのくさび】
1. paper put between newly completed prints to prevent the ink from smudging; interleaf; slip sheet
1. Phacelurus latifolius (species of perennial grass)Usually written using kana alone