Words — 89 found
JLPT N1 Links
1. head; chief; leaderDated term
2. the greatest (of all the ...)Dated term
1. to pay (fees, taxes, etc.); to dedicate; to make an offering
- I guess the time of reckoning has arrived at last.
2. to supply
3. to put away (in); to keep; to store
- やく ５０
- おさめ 。
- The dictionary contains about half a million words.
4. to finish; to bring to a close
- おさ 。
- He intervened and settled the matter peacefully for the time being.
5. to restore (something to its place)
- Bob mounted the portrait in a fancy frame, but it was upside down.
6. to achieve (e.g. a result)
- The prefectural governor got the upper hand in the July elections.
1. very young; little
- の 。
- The little boy sat on his father's shoulders.
2. childish; immatureOnly applies to おさない
- おさな 。
- His way of thinking is very childish.
幼い 【いとけない】、稚い 【いとけない】、幼けない 【いとけない】、稚けない 【いとけない】
1. to pin down; to hold down; to press downalso written as 圧さえる
- Hold this ladder steady.
2. to cover (esp. a part of one's body with one's hand); to clutch (a body part in pain); to press (a body part)
3. to get a hold of; to obtain; to seize; to catch; to arrest
- お 。
- The police seized the robber by the neck.
4. to grasp (a point); to comprehend
- お 。
- I caught him speaking ill of me.
5. to quell; to subdue; to suppress; to repress; to hold back; to check; to curb; to containSee also 抑える おさえる
1. to govern; to manage
- He can't run his own family, let alone a nation!
2. to subdue
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. before; previouslyPolite (teineigo) language
- After you.
2. aheadPolite (teineigo) language
- おさき ！
- Go ahead!
3. pardon me for leaving (before you)Abbreviation, Polite (teineigo) language, See also お先に失礼します
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. small dish (usu. one of several accompanying rice); side dishFood, cooking, Usually written using kana alone
- き 。
- I've decided what to cook for dinner.
2. fill; fill-in (drumming)Music, Usually written using kana alone, Colloquialism, Only applies to おかず, Only applies to オカズ
3. jack-off material; something to masturbate toUsually written using kana alone, Vulgar expression or word, Slang, Only applies to おかず, Only applies to オカズ
御菜 【おかず】、御数 【おかず】、お数 【おかず】、お菜 【おさい】、御菜 【おさい】、オカズ
お菜: Rarely-used kanji form. 御菜: Rarely-used kanji form. 御数: Rarely-used kanji form. お数: Rarely-used kanji form. お菜: Rarely-used kanji form. 御菜: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to fit into (a box, frame, category, etc.); to be contained within; to fall within (e.g. a budget)
- おさ 。
- He was established as Foreign Minister.
2. to settle down (into); to be installed (in one's rightful place); to be returned (to one's original position)
3. to settle into (one's position); to take up (a post); to occupy (a role)esp. 納まる
- It'll come right in the end.
4. to be delivered; to be paid (e.g. taxes)Only applies to 納まる
5. to be settled (dispute, conflict, etc.); to be sorted; to subside (e.g. wind); to calm down; to abateOnly applies to 収まる, See also 治まる
- ちょうけん 。
- A longsword sheathed in an intricately engraved scabbard.
6. to be satisfied (e.g. with an answer); to consent; to agree
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. (giving) birth; childbirth; delivery; confinementPolite (teineigo) language, See also 産 さん
1. to die down (storm, anger, conflict, etc.); to calm down; to cool off; to abate; to be settled; to be brought under control
2. to be at peace; to be governed well
3. to subside (of pain, symptoms, etc.); to be alleviated; to get better; to ease off
- The medicine relieved him of his stomach-ache.
1. alcohol; sakePolite (teineigo) language, See also 酒
御酒 【おさけ】、御酒 【ごしゅ】
1. to keep within limits (e.g. spending); to restrain (e.g. emotions); to control; to curb; to hold in check
- Jane could not stop herself from crying aloud.
2. to hold back (e.g. an enemy); to check; to curb; to contain; to quell; to subdue; to suppress; to repressSee also 押さえる おさえる
Common word Links
1. childhood friend; friend from infancy; old playmate
幼なじみ 【おさなじみ】、幼馴染み 【おさななじみ】、幼馴染み 【おさなじみ】、幼馴染 【おさななじみ】、幼馴染 【おさなじみ】
おさなじみ: Irregular kana usage. おさなじみ: Irregular kana usage. おさなじみ: Irregular kana usage.
1. to study; to complete (a course); to cultivate; to master
- おさ 。
- He did well in all subjects and, above all, in mathematics.
2. to order (one's life)
3. to repair (a fault one has committed)
1. to pin down; to immobilize; to immobilise; to control; to suppress
押え込む 【おさえこむ】、押さえこむ 【おさえこむ】
1. to press down; to hold down; to pin down
2. to suppress (feelings, disorder, opposition, etc.); to repress
抑えつける 【おさえつける】、押えつける 【おさえつける】、押さえ付ける 【おさえつける】、押え付ける 【おさえつける】、抑え付ける 【おさえつける】
1. poor; unsatisfactory; inadequate
- The poor educational policy is a detriment to Japan.
2. cold; chillyPolite (teineigo) language, See also 寒い