Words — 1038 found
1. to lose (something); to mislayUsually written using kana alone
- She lost her new watch.
2. to get rid of; to eliminate; to removeUsually written using kana alone
- To get the nation's economy out of the red, more foreign aid had to be pumped in.
失くす: Irregular kanji usage.
1. infinity; infinitude; eternity
2. infinite; limitless
3. InfinityInfinity refers to something without any limit, and is a ... Read more
1. unreasonable; unnatural; unjustifiable
3. forcible; forced; compulsoryoften as 無理に
4. excessive (work, etc.); immoderate
5. to work too hard; to try too hard
6. no way; not a chance; never; dream onColloquialism
1. to be lost (e.g. luggage); to be missingUsually written using kana alone
- I misplaced your blue pen.
2. to be used up; to be run out; to be exhausted; to be consumed; to be reduced to zero; to not occur any moreUsually written using kana alone
- The sands are running out.
3. to disappear (e.g. pain); to be lost (e.g. a dream, confidence)Usually written using kana alone
- The day will soon come when there will be no more wars in the world.
1. ignorance; innocence; stupidity
2. IgnoranceIgnorance is a state of being uninformed. The word ignora... Read more
1. taciturn; reticent; quiet; silent; untalkative
2. HalterA halter, headcollar, or, less often, headstall, is headg... Read more
1. futility; waste; uselessness; pointlessness; idleness
無駄: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. safety; security; peace; quiet
- し 、
- ためいき 。
- Informed of his safety, the manager breathed a sigh of relief.
2. safely; without incident; successfullySee also 無事に
- とど 。
- The shipment has reached us safely.
3. good health
4. inaction; ennuiObsolete term
1. radio (communication)
2. wireless; not using wiresAntonym: 有線
1. waste (of money, time, etc.); squandering; frittering away
無駄使い 【むだづかい】、無駄づかい 【むだづかい】、むだ遣い 【むだづかい】、むだ使い 【むだづかい】、徒遣い 【むだづかい】
無駄使い: Irregular kanji usage. むだ使い: Irregular kanji usage.
1. useless; futile
- Electricity made candles of little use in our life.
2. unnecessary; needless
- おか 。
- When we rush to complete our work, we make needless errors.
3. not on business; unrelated; unauthorised; unauthorized
- たちいりきんし 。
- No admittance except on business.
4. prohibited; banned; forbidden