Words — 18 found
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. abstention (from voting); renunciation (of a right); withdrawal (from a contest)
- とき 、
- When it was time to vote, he abstained.
2. AbstentionAbstention is a term in election procedure for when a par... Read more
1. to throw away; to cast away; to dump; to discard
2. to abandon; to desert; to leave
3. to give up; to resign
1. abandoned child; foundling
2. Child abandonmentChild abandonment is the practice of relinquishing intere... Read more
棄て子 【すてご】、棄て児 【すてご】、棄児 【すてご】、捨子 【すてご】、棄子 【すてご】、棄児 【きじ】
棄子: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. rejection; dismissal; turning down; abandoning; renunciation
1. ornamental garden stone (seemingly placed randomly to give the garden a more natural appearance); garden rock
2. sacrificed stone (in go)See also 捨て駒
3. sacrifice (e.g. career, reputation)
4. stones used in a foundation; riprap
捨石 【すていし】、棄て石 【すていし】、棄石 【すていし】
棄石: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. historical or legendary practice of abandoning old people in the mountains, etc.
1. execution by decapitation followed by public display of the body (form of punishment in ancient China)Historical term
棄死: Irregular kanji usage.
1. abandoned people (people left to fend for themselves after a war or natural disaster)