Words — 48 found
1. prisoner (of war)
2. Prisoner of warA prisoner of war (POW, PoW, PW, P/W, WP, PsW, enemy pris... Read more
1. whaling; whale hunting; whale fishing
2. WhalingWhaling is the hunting of whales mainly for meat and oil.... Read more
1. to catch; to capture; to arrest; to seize; to restrainOnly applies to 捕まえる
- つか 。
- The policeman got the suspect.
2. to grab; to clutch; to grasp; to seize; to hold on toOnly applies to 捉まえる, Only applies to 掴まえる
- The man took the boy by the hand.
3. to catch hold of (someone); to stop (e.g. a stranger in the street); to hail (a taxi, waiter, etc.); to hold (someone) back; to detain
- Can I catch a taxi here?
4. towards (someone); at (someone); in (someone's) faceas 〜をつかまえて
捉まえる 【つかまえる】、掴まえる 【つかまえる】
1. to be caught; to be arrestedusu. 捕まる
- Hold on to the strap. The train will start to move soon.
2. to hold on to; to graspUsually written using kana alone, usu. 掴まる
- I held fast to his hand.
3. to find (e.g. proof); to get (e.g. a taxi)Usually written using kana alone
4. to be detained byUsually written using kana alone
掴まる 【つかまる】、捉まる 【つかまる】、摑まる 【つかまる】
摑まる: Out-dated kanji.
1. to catch; to capture; to seize; to arrest; to grab; to catch hold of
- い 。
- The rebel was ultimately captured and confined to jail.
2. to grasp (e.g. meaning); to perceive; to capture (e.g. features)
- No matter what the problem is, it's essential to get at the heart of the matter.
3. to captivate; to move (one's heart)
捕らえる 【とらえる】、捕える 【とらえる】
1. extraction; abstraction
- Extract an essence from the bark of a tree.
2. selection (from a group); sampling
- The people for the experiment were chosen at random.
3. Extraction (chemistry)Extraction in chemistry is a separation process consistin... Read more
捕出: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to be caught; to be captured; to be taken prisoner; to be arrested; to be apprehended
2. to be seized with (fear, etc.); to be a slave to; to stick to; to adhere to; to be swayed byUsually written using kana alone
捕われる 【とらわれる】、囚われる 【とらわれる】、捉われる 【とらわれる】
1. predation; eating prey; preying upon
2. PredationIn ecology, predation describes a biological interaction ... Read more
Common word Links
1. catcherBaseball term
2. CatcherCatcher is also a general term for a fielder who catches ... Read more
1. passed ball; catcher missing a ballBaseball term
2. Passed ballIn baseball, a catcher is charged with a passed ball when... Read more
1. catchBaseball term
2. Catch (baseball)In baseball, a catch occurs when a fielder gains secure p... Read more
1. policeman; official in charge of imprisoning offendersArchaism
2. art of defeating (and capturing) an opponent with one's bare handsMartial arts term
1. counting one's chickens before they've hatched; counting raccoon dog skins before they have been caughtIdiomatic expression
取らぬ狸の皮算用 【とらぬたぬきのかわざんよう】、獲らぬ狸の皮算用 【とらぬたぬきのかわざんよう】、とらぬ狸の皮算用 【とらぬたぬきのかわざんよう】、捕らぬタヌキの皮算用 【とらぬタヌキのかわざんよう】、取らぬタヌキの皮算用 【とらぬタヌキのかわざんよう】、獲らぬタヌキの皮算用 【とらぬタヌキのかわざんよう】、とらぬタヌキの皮算用 【とらぬタヌキのかわざんよう】