Words — 1 found
1. to catch; to capture; to arrest; to seize; to restrainOnly applies to 捕まえる
- つか 。
- The policeman got the suspect.
2. to grab; to clutch; to grasp; to seize; to hold on toOnly applies to 捉まえる, Only applies to 掴まえる
- The man took the boy by the hand.
3. to catch hold of (someone); to stop (e.g. a stranger in the street); to hail (a taxi, waiter, etc.); to hold (someone) back; to detain
- Can I catch a taxi here?
4. towards (someone); at (someone); in (someone's) faceas 〜をつかまえて
捉まえる 【つかまえる】、掴まえる 【つかまえる】