Words — 290 found
1. counter for occurrences
- Some new kinds of rice can be harvested two or three times a year.
2. a time; an instance
- We have to win seven times in a row to win this tournament.
3. inning (baseball); round; game
4. episode; chapter; instalmentColloquialism
5. Hui (people)Abbreviation, See also 回族
6. IslamAbbreviation, See also 回教
1. circumference; girthSee also 回り まわり
2. surroundings; neighbourhood; neighborhood; vicinity
- Look about you.
3. people surrounding oneself; surrounding circumstances
- ちが 。
- He is different from the people around him.
1. rotation; revolution; turn; spin
2. working (e.g. of one's mind); function
3. turnover (of goods, funds, etc.); circulation; flow (of customers)
4. rotation; curlMathematics
5. slalom (alpine skiing event)Sports, Abbreviation, See also 回転競技
6. RotationA rotation is a circular movement of an object around a c... Read more
廻転: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. detour; circuitous route; diversion
2. The Wrong MoveThe Wrong Move (UK) or Wrong Movement (USA video title) i... Read more
まわり道 【まわりみち】、廻り道 【まわりみち】、回り路 【まわりみち】、廻り路 【まわりみち】
廻り道: Rarely-used kanji form. 回り路: Rarely-used kanji form. 廻り路: Rarely-used kanji form.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. circuit (electric)
2. cycle (e.g. Krebs cycle)Biology
1. to turn; to revolveSee also ぐるぐる
- This handle will not turn.
2. to visit several places
- もうしで 。
- She had never seen New York before, so I offered to show her around.
3. to function well
- Without him our company would cease to function.
4. to pass a certain time
- き 。
- He came a little after noon.
5. to go or come around (to another place, point of view)
6. to go via; to stop at
7. to earn interest
1. restoration; rehabilitation; recovery; return; replevin; improvementOnly applies to 回復, Only applies to 恢復
2. recovery (from an illness); recuperation; convalescenceesp. 快復
快復 【かいふく】、恢復 【かいふく】
1. to turn; to rotate; to spin; to twist; to gyrate
- No, that's not the right way. You have to turn it the other way round.
2. to pass around; to send around; to hand around; to circulate
- The salt, if you please.
3. to move (someone or something to where its needed); to send; to bring; to transfer; to forward; to direct; to submit
- まわ 。
- I'll put you through to the president.
4. to turn (to a new use); to use (for something else)
5. to turn on (something that turns or has a rotating part, e.g. a washing machine); to start up (e.g. an engine); to give (something) a spin
- Please start up the motor, Tom.
6. to put (someone in a position); to make (e.g. an enemy of)
7. to ... around (e.g. chase, fool, play); to do all over; to do everywhere; to do completelyafter the -masu stem of a verb
8. to surround (something) with; to enclose with
9. to put (an arm) around (e.g. someone's waist); to reach around
- He put his arm around her waist.
10. to invest (money); to lend
11. to dial (a telephone number)
- まわ 。
- He took up the receiver and dialed.
12. to gang-rapeSee also 輪姦す
13. to operate (e.g. business, shop)
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. rotationSee also 周り
- There are high walls about the town.
2. making the rounds
4. effect; efficacy
5. by way of; via
6. round; turn
8. 12-year period; 12-year age difference
1. to go aroundUsually written using kana alone
- We will explore every planet that goes around the sun.
2. to returnUsually written using kana alone
- Many happy returns of the day! Happy birthday!
3. to surroundUsually written using kana alone
4. to concern (usu. of disputes)Usually written using kana alone, See also を巡って
- Britain's currency crisis has turned into a political one over government failure to stop the pound from going into free-fall.
回る 【めぐる】、廻る 【めぐる】
1. coupon tickets; discount tickets; book of tickets
1. recollection; retrospection; reflection; reminiscence
1. recollecting; reminiscing; looking back; retrospection; review
1. to meet fortuitously (e.g. running into an old friend); to meet by chance; to happen across
巡り会う 【めぐりあう】、巡り合う 【めぐりあう】、めぐり会う 【めぐりあう】、巡りあう 【めぐりあう】、巡り逢う 【めぐりあう】、廻り合う 【めぐりあう】、回り合う 【めぐりあう】
廻り合う: Rarely-used kanji form. 回り合う: Rarely-used kanji form.