1. stamp (postage); merchandise certificate
2. Postage stamp1. Image 2. Perforations 3. Denomination 4. Country name]... Read more
1. end; finish; stop
- His curiosity knew no bounds.
- はや 、
- You should call your mother as soon as possible.
3. delivery date (of a futures contract)esp. 限り,限
4. finale (of a noh song); end of an act (in jōruri or kabuki); final performance of the day (in vaudeville)
- You will fail unless you work harder.
5. counter for slices (esp. thick slices); counter for cuts (e.g. fish, meat)
- ほんげつ ２５
- こと 。
- Tuition fees must be paid not later than the 25th of this month.
6. only; justUsually written using kana alone, See also っ切り っきり, senses 6-8 are sometimes pronounced ぎり, esp. in old-fashioned speech
7. since; afterUsually written using kana alone, usu. in a negative sentence
8. remaining (in a particular state)Usually written using kana alone
限り 【きり】、限 【きり】
限: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to cut; to cut through; to perform (surgery)
- き 。
- 2. Cut the daikon into long sticks.
2. to sever (connections, ties)See also 縁を切る
3. to turn off (e.g. the light)
- Do you mind if I turn off the AC?
4. to terminate (e.g. a conversation); to hang up (the phone); to disconnectSee also 電話を切る
- "May I speak to Mr Smith?" "Will you hold the line?"
5. to punch (a ticket); to tear off (a stub)
6. to open (something sealed)
- Once you break the seal, you can't return the tape.
7. to start
- しんきいってん 、
- き 。
- I quit my job and moved so I could start off with a clean slate.
8. to set (a limit); to do (something) in less or within a certain time; to issue (stamps, vouchers, etc.)
9. to reduce; to decrease; to discountSee also 値切る
10. to shake off (water, etc.); to let drip-dry; to let drain
11. to cross; to traverse
12. to criticize sharply
13. to act decisively; to do (something noticeable); to go first; to make (certain facial expressions, in kabuki)
14. to turn (vehicle, steering wheel, etc.)
15. to curl (a ball); to bend; to cut
- Please shuffle the cards carefully.
16. to shuffle (cards)
17. to discard a tileMahjong term
18. to dismiss; to sack; to let go; to expulse; to excommunicate
- Harry managed to swim across the river.
19. to dig (a groove); to cut (a stencil, on a mimeograph)
20. to trumpSee also 切り札
21. to cut (the connection between two groups) (in go)
22. to start a fire (with wood-wood friction or by striking a metal against stone)also written as 鑽る
23. to draw (a shape) in the air (with a sword, etc.)
24. to finish; to completeSee also 疲れきる, after the -masu stem of a verb
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. chance; start; cue; excuse; motive; impetus; occasionUsually written using kana alone
切掛け 【きっかけ】、切っかけ 【きっかけ】、切掛 【きっかけ】、切っ掛 【きっかけ】、切かけ 【きっかけ】、キッカケ
1. to break; to snap; to be cut; to split; to crack
- The two children pulled at the rope until it broke.
2. to be injured
3. to wear out; to be worn out
4. to break; to burst; to collapse
5. to wear off; to stop working; to go dead
6. to expire (time limit, etc.); to run out; to become due
7. to run out (of stock, etc.); to be exhausted; to be used up; to be sold out; to be out of
- きれ 。
- We're running out of gas.
8. to be broken off (e.g. of a relationship); to break up; to have severed ties; to be cut off; to be disconnected
9. to cut well; to be sharp
- き 。
- These scissors don't cut well.
10. to be sharp-minded; to be keen; to be shrewd; to be quick-witted; to be able
11. to be short of; to drop under (a certain figure); to beat (e.g. a record time)
- き ？
- Will they break the ten-second mark in the hundred-metre race?
12. to dry off
13. to curve; to veer
14. to shuffle (cards)
15. to get angry; to snap; to blow one's top; to lose one's temper; to flipColloquialism, See also キレる
- き 。
- Finally, he lost his temper.
16. to be able to do completelyUsually written using kana alone, after the -masu stem of a verb
- This ice is too thin to bear your weight.
1. piece; slice; strip; scrap
2. clothalso written as 布, 裂
- きりさ 。
- The cloth was torn to shreds.
- I wish I could get back the tone and nimbleness I once had.
- How many slices of meat would you like?
5. counter for scraps, pieces, etc.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. gap; break; rift
2. pause; interval; interruption
3. cut; incision; notch; score
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. earnest; sincere; acute; keen; fervent
2. pressing; urgent; serious; severe
- Being fat is a serious problem for me.
3. pertinent; appropriate
1. trump card
2. ace up one's sleeve; secret weapon
3. TrumpA trump is a playing card which is elevated above its nor... Read more
1. to run out of; to be short of; to be out of stock
- We've run out of paper for the photocopier.
2. to be out of (e.g. breath); to lose (one's patience, concentration, etc.)
- He arrived at the station out of breath.
1. tangent point; point of contactMathematics
2. contact (electrical, etc.)
- It's obvious but the connection between people is "words". It is by those words that thoughts are shared and arguments carried out.
3. point of agreement; common ground; interaction
1. cutting; severance; section; amputation; disconnection
截断 【せつだん】、接断 【せつだん】、截断 【さいだん】
接断: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to cut down; to slay
2. to truncate; to round down; to round off
3. to omit; to discard; to cast away
- Why don't you try expressing your opinion a little more gently? Think about how he feels getting told flatly that he's being cut loose.
切捨てる 【きりすてる】、斬り捨てる 【きりすてる】
1. endless; boundless; innumerableUsually written using kana alone, See also 切りのない
- His ambition knows no bounds.
2. endless; never-ending; going on foreverUsually written using kana alone
- There is no end to his complaining.
1. to cut down; to chop down; to fell
斬り倒す 【きりたおす】、切倒す 【きりたおす】
1. to shorten; to cut short; to trim
2. to cut down on; to reduce; to economize; to economise
切りつめる 【きりつめる】、切詰める 【きりつめる】