Words — 169 found
1. end; finish; stop
- His curiosity knew no bounds.
- I'll help you to the best of my ability.
3. delivery date (of a futures contract)esp. 限り,限
- Akira will stay in New York while his money lasts.
4. finale (of a noh song); end of an act (in jōruri or kabuki); final performance of the day (in vaudeville)
- かぎ 、
- You may take this book as long as you keep it clean.
5. counter for slices (esp. thick slices); counter for cuts (e.g. fish, meat)
- You will fail unless you work harder.
6. only; justUsually written using kana alone, See also っ切り っきり, senses 6-8 are sometimes pronounced ぎり, esp. in old-fashioned speech
7. since; afterUsually written using kana alone, usu. in a negative sentence
- かえ 。
- He went there, never to return.
8. remaining (in a particular state)Usually written using kana alone
- Though 38, he is still dependent on his parents.
限り 【きり】、切 【きり】、限 【きり】
切: Irregular okurigana usage. 限: Irregular okurigana usage.
Common word Links
1. trump card
2. ace up one's sleeve; secret weapon
3. TrumpA trump is a playing card which is elevated above its nor... Read more
Common word Links
1. to cut down; to slay
2. to truncate; to round down; to round off
3. to omit; to discard; to cast away
- Why don't you try expressing your opinion a little more gently? Think about how he feels getting told flatly that he's being cut loose.
切捨てる 【きりすてる】、斬り捨てる 【きりすてる】
1. endless; boundless; innumerableUsually written using kana alone, See also 切りのない
- His ambition knows no bounds.
2. endless; never-ending; going on foreverUsually written using kana alone
- There is no end to his complaining.
1. to cut down; to chop down; to fell
斬り倒す 【きりたおす】、切倒す 【きりたおす】
1. to shorten; to cut short; to trim
2. to cut down on; to reduce; to scrimp on; to economize; to economise
切りつめる 【きりつめる】、切詰める 【きりつめる】
1. to cut off; to excise; to tear off; to cut out; to whittle down; to tear out; to cut down; to amputate
切りとる 【きりとる】、切取る 【きりとる】
1. to detach; to decapitate; to cut loose; to let loose; to dismember
1. to close (at a certain point); to cut short; to stop early; to finish (at a convenient spot)
- We ran out of time and had to cut short the interview.
2. to round up (number)
3. to revalue (currency)
- にち 、１
- きりあ 。
- The yen was revalued upward against the U.S. dollar from a rate of 360 yen against the dollar to 308 yen on December 18, 1971.
1. to cut off; to lop off; to prune
切り落す 【きりおとす】、切落す 【きりおとす】、切落とす 【きりおとす】
1. management; administration
2. cutting up and serving food
3. cut and fill (e.g. earthwork)
1. to cut down; to prune; to reduce; to cut and hang down; to cut shorter
- We must keep down expenses.
2. to round down (e.g. fraction)
きり下げる 【きりさげる】、切りさげる 【きりさげる】
1. to rise perpendicularly; to tower steeply
切立つ 【きりたつ】、切りたつ 【きりたつ】、きり立つ 【きりたつ】
1. to quarry; to cut (timber); to cut and carry offOnly applies to 切り出す, Only applies to 切りだす, Only applies to 切出す, Only applies to 伐り出す, Only applies to 伐りだす
2. to begin to talk; to break the ice; to broachOnly applies to 切り出す, Only applies to 切りだす, Only applies to 切出す
- きりだ 。
- Skip the pleasantries and get down to business.
3. to start a fire (with flint, by rubbing sticks together, etc.)Only applies to 切り出す, Only applies to 切りだす, Only applies to 切出す, Only applies to 鑽り出す
4. to select and extract (from a media file); to splice outOnly applies to 切り出す, Only applies to 切りだす, Only applies to 切出す, Only applies to 伐り出す, Only applies to 伐りだす
切りだす 【きりだす】、切出す 【きりだす】、伐り出す 【きりだす】、伐りだす 【きりだす】、鑽り出す 【きりだす】
1. to cut deep into
2. to cut one's way into (an enemy position); to rush on; to raid; to attack
3. to press someone hard (e.g. with questions); to get to the heart of (a matter)
- Stopgap measures won't make a dent in drug addiction.
斬り込む 【きりこむ】、切込む 【きりこむ】、斬込む 【きりこむ】
1. to change; to exchange; to convert; to renew; to throw a switch; to replace; to switch over
切替える 【きりかえる】、切り換える 【きりかえる】、切りかえる 【きりかえる】、切換える 【きりかえる】、切り変える 【きりかえる】