Words — 53 found
Common word Links
1. pipe; tube; cylinder
2. gun barrel
3. gun; cannon
4. well lining; well curb
1. any bird of family Motacillidae (excluding the pipits); wagtail; longclawUsually written using kana alone
2. WagtailThe wagtails form the passerine bird genus Motacilla. The... Read more
鶺鴒 【まなばしら】、鶺鴒 【にわくなぶり】、鶺鴒 【にわくなぎ】、鶺鴒 【つつ】、セキレイ
まなばしら: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. にわくなぶり: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. にわくなぎ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. つつ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. bundle; package; parcel
2. counter for wrapped objects
1. to be careful; to be discreetusu. 慎む
- As the situation is delicate, you should be careful of what you say.
2. to do in moderation; to refrain (from overdoing); to abstainusu. 慎む
- Please refrain from pushing forward.
3. to be reverentOnly applies to 謹む
4. to be purified; to be chaste
謹む 【つつしむ】、虔む 【つつしむ】
1. to wrap up; to tuck in; to pack; to do up; to cover with; to dress in
- つつ 。
- He wrapped himself in his overcoat.
2. to conceal; to hide; to be engulfed in; to be enveloped by
- The origins of these people is shrouded in mystery.
裹む: Out-dated kanji.
1. to poke (repeatedly, lightly); to nudgeUsually written using kana alone
- だ 。
- It's not good to wake a sleeping snake.
2. to peck at (one's food); to pick at
- た 。
- Woodpeckers peck tree trunks with their long pointed beaks and eat insects found there.
3. to peck at (someone's faults, etc.)
4. to egg on; to put up to
突付く 【つつく】、突つく 【つつく】
突付く: Irregular kanji usage. 突つく: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. modesty; self-control; discretion
謹み 【つつしみ】、慎しみ 【つつしみ】、虔み 【つつしみ】、虔しみ 【つつしみ】
慎しみ: Irregular okurigana usage. 虔しみ: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. modest; reserved; quiet; humbleUsually written using kana alone
1. to conceal; to keep secret; to cover up
包隠す 【つつみかくす】、包み匿す 【つつみかくす】、包みかくす 【つつみかくす】
1. whispering; whisper; secret talk; murmurUsually written using kana alone
私語 【ささやき】、囁き 【つつやき】
つつやき: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. well; in good health; safe; free from accidentUsually written using kana alone
1. bank; embankment; dike