Words — 962 found
1. izakaya; Japanese bar that also serves various dishes and snacks
2. IzakayaAn izakaya is a type of Japanese drinking establishment w... Read more
Common word Links
2. Public houseA public house, informally known as a pub, is a drinking ... Read more
1. bar; saloon; pub; tavern; drinking establishment
飲屋 【のみや】、飮み屋 【のみや】、飮屋 【のみや】、呑み屋 【のみや】
飮み屋: Out-dated kanji. 飮屋: Out-dated kanji.
1. barhopping; pub crawl
2. Pub crawlA pub crawl (sometimes called a bar tour, bar crawl or ba... Read more
梯子酒 【はしござけ】、ハシゴ酒 【ハシゴざけ】
1. question (e.g. on a test); problem
2. problem (e.g. societal, political); question; issue; subject (e.g. of research); case; matter
3. question (i.e. doubt)
4. public discussion; controversy
5. trouble; problem; inconvenience; difficulty
6. ProblemA problem is an obstacle, impediment, difficulty or chall... Read more
1. eye; eyeball
- い 。
- Right, I said, shivering at this recital as a man would who gets hysterical while taking a shower if a bit of soap stings his eye.
2. eyesight; sight; visionSee also 目が見える
- Helen Keller was blind, deaf and dumb.
3. look; stare; gaze; glance
- なが 。
- He regarded her with worship in his eyes.
4. notice; attention; observation; eyes (of the world, public, etc.)
5. an experience
7. discrimination; discernment; judgement; eye (e.g. for quality)
9. spacing (between crossed strands of a net, mesh, etc.); opening; stitch; texture; weaveSee also 編み目
10. grain (of wood)
11. eye (of a storm, needle, etc.)
12. intersection (on a go board); square (on a chess board)
13. dot (on a dice); pip; rolled number
14. graduation; division (of a scale)
15. tooth (of a saw, comb, etc.)
16. ordinal number suffix
- Turn right at the second corner.
17. somewhat; -ishUsually written using kana alone, See also 大きめ
18. point (e.g. of change)See also 変わり目, following -masu stem
19. EyeEyes are organs that detect light and convert it into ele... Read more
1. (public) park
2. ParkA park is a protected area, in its natural or semi-natura... Read more
1. box; case; chest; package; pack; crate
- あ 。
- Twist that knob to the right and the box will open.
2. car (of a train, etc.)
3. shamisen case; shamisen
4. public building; community buildingColloquialism, See also 箱物, often written as ハコ
5. man who carries a geisha's shamisenArchaism, See also 箱屋
6. receptacle for human waste; feces (faeces)Archaism
7. counter for boxes (or boxed objects)
8. BoxBox describes a variety of containers and receptacles for... Read more
函 【はこ】、匣 【はこ】、筥 【はこ】、筐 【はこ】、凾 【はこ】、ハコ
1. spring; springtime
- Many plants bloom in the spring.
2. New Year
3. prime (of one's life, etc.)
4. adolescence; puberty
6. Spring (season)Spring is one of the four temperate seasons, the transiti... Read more
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. citizen; citizenry; public
2. city inhabitant; townspeople
3. bourgeoisie; middle class
4. CitizenshipCitizenship is the state of being a citizen of a particul... Read more
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. government worker; public servant; civil servant
2. Civil serviceThe term civil service has two different meanings: A bran... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. speech; address
2. Public speakingPublic speaking is the process of speaking to a group of ... Read more
1. profit; gains
- たいせつ 。
- Ichiro puts friendship above profit.
2. benefit; advantage; interest (of the public, etc.)
- Read books that are worthwhile.
3. grace (of God, Buddha, etc.) (esp. as attained through rightful actions, prayer, adherence to one's faith, etc.); blessing; miracleOnly applies to りやく
4. Profit (economics)In economics, the term profit has two related but distinc... Read more
2. PublishingPublishing is the process of production and dissemination... Read more
1. to leave; to exit; to go out; to come out; to get outAntonym: 入る はいる
- It's true that a ghost appeared at my house.
2. to leave (on a journey); to depart; to start out; to set out
- おお 。
- Many American students work their way through the university.
3. to move forward
- He didn't answer the phone, so I left him an email.
4. to come to; to get to; to lead to; to reach
5. to appear; to come out; to emerge; to surface; to come forth; to turn up; to be found; to be detected; to be discovered; to be exposed; to show; to be exhibited; to be on display
6. to appear (in print); to be published; to be announced; to be issued; to be listed; to come out
7. to attend; to participate; to take part; to enter (an event); to play in; to perform
8. to be stated; to be expressed; to come up; to be brought up; to be raised
9. to sell
10. to exceed; to go over
11. to stick out; to protrude
12. to break out; to occur; to start; to originate
13. to be produced
14. to come from; to be derived from
15. to be given; to get; to receive; to be offered; to be provided; to be presented; to be submitted; to be handed in; to be turned in; to be paid
16. to answer (phone, door, etc.); to get
17. to assume (an attitude); to act; to behave
18. to pick up (speed, etc.); to gain
19. to flow (e.g. tears); to run; to bleed
20. to graduate
1. to take out; to get out
- You can withdraw some money out of the bank, if you need any.
2. to put out; to reveal; to show
- I want to remain anonymous in this.
3. to submit (e.g. thesis); to turn in
- Read over your paper before you hand it in.
4. to publish; to make public
- いちがつ ２０
- ひ （
- げつようび ）
- くだ 。
- We'll release the final agenda on the morning of Monday, January 20, so please reply quickly.
5. to send (e.g. letter)See also 手紙を出す
- Sending manuscript after manuscript paid off. A magazine finally published my work.
6. to produce (a sound); to start (fire)See also 声を出す
- だ 。
- The government issued the following statement.
7. to serve (food)
- だ 。
- They serve excellent food here.
8. to begin ...; to start to ...; to burst into ...after the -masu stem of a verb
- How long have you had this pain?