Words — 215 found
1. tedium; boredom; dullness
2. to feel bored; to get bored with; to get tired of
3. BoredomBoredom is an emotional state experienced when an individ... Read more
怠屈: Out-dated kanji.
1. leaving hospital; discharge from hospital
1. dropping out of school; withdrawing from school
2. expulsion from school; dismissal
3. leaving school (university, etc.) after completing a course
4. Expulsion (education)Expulsion, exclusion, withdrawing, or permanent exclusion... Read more
1. to resign; to retire; to quit; to leave (one's job, etc.)
罷める 【やめる】、退める 【やめる】
退める: Irregular kanji usage.
1. retreat; falling back; moving backwards; reversing; retrogression; retraction
- Automobile sales suffered a setback at the end of the financial year.
2. recession; waning
3. backspace (key)Computer terminology
1. declining; refusal; nonacceptance; turning down; withdrawal (e.g. of candidacy); pulling out (e.g. of a race); excusing oneself
1. extermination (e.g. of pests, demons, bandits); elimination; eradication; destruction; suppression
2. making someone renounce worldly desires in order to concentrate on Buddha's teachingsBuddhist term
3. curing illness
1. withdrawal (e.g. from an organization); secession; leaving; pulling out
1. to step back; to move back; to retreat
2. to withdraw (from the presence of a superior); to leave; to exit
3. to resign; to retire; to quit
- My uncle retired from teaching last year, but he still managed to hang onto a position at the university.
4. to concede
退く 【しぞく】、斥く 【しりぞく】、斥く 【しぞく】
しぞく: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. しぞく: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. evacuation; withdrawal; revocation; repeal; retreat
2. Withdrawal (military)For other meanings, see Withdrawal (disambiguation). A wi... Read more
1. to step aside; to move (i.e. out of the way); to make wayUsually written using kana alone
- Move! You're in my way.
2. to resign; to retire; to quit; to secedeOnly applies to のく
1. to put something out of the way; to move (something, someone) aside
2. to remove; to exclude; to take awayOnly applies to 除ける
3. to set aside; to keep apartOnly applies to のける
4. to remove (someone) from the group; to shunOnly applies to のける
5. to do well despite difficulties; to accomplish despite adversityUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to のける, after the -te form of a verb
6. to do resolutely; to do boldlyUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to のける, after the -te form of a verb
除ける 【のける】、退ける 【どける】
1. to repel; to drive away; to repulse; to reject
斥ける 【しりぞける】、却ける 【しりぞける】
1. decline; degeneration; decay; waning; ebbing
1. resignation; leaving office
- けっきょく 、
- めい 。
- He was lazy and irresponsible. Thus, he was told to leave the company.
2. leaving work (e.g. at the end of the day)Antonym: 出社
- What time do you leave your work?