Words — 461 found
1. conversation; talk; chat
2. ConversationConversation is a form of interactive, spontaneous commun... Read more
1. topic; subject
2. much talked about; topical; in the news; hot
3. Topic–commentIn linguistics, the topic (or theme) of a sentence is oft... Read more
1. to talk; to speak; to converse; to chat
- はな 。
- John talked with his customer on the phone.
2. to tell; to explain; to narrate; to mention; to describe; to discuss
- Please tell me about your hobbies.
3. to speak (a language)
- はな 。
- English is spoken in Canada.
咄す: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. talk; speech; chat; conversationOnly applies to 話, Only applies to 話し
- Don't throw a wet blanket over our conversation.
2. topic; subject
- He dwelt on an unpleasant subject for two hours.
3. discussions; negotiation; argumentOnly applies to 話, Only applies to 話し
- After three hours of discussion we got nowhere.
4. rumor; talk; hearsay
- They say we are going to have a severe winter.
5. tale; story; fable
- I was lost in Sir Anthony's wonderful story.
6. circumstances; particulars
- I want a full report though.
話し 【はなし】、咄 【はなし】、噺 【はなし】
話し: Irregular okurigana usage. 咄: Rarely-used kanji form. 噺: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. myth; legend
2. MythologyFor other uses, see Myth (disambiguation), Mythology (dis... Read more
1. children's story; fairy tale
2. Fairy taleA fairy tale (pronounced /ˈfeəriˌteɪl/) is a type of shor... Read more
1. care; looking after; help; assistance; aid
- When parents get old in Japan, they are customarily looked after by their children.
2. trouble; bother
3. good offices; recommendation; introduction
- つ 。
- He obtained the post through the good offices of a friend.
4. everyday life; everyday affairs; everyday language
5. sewamono (Edo-period drama about contemporary life)Abbreviation, See also 世話物
1. to discuss; to talk together
話しあう 【はなしあう】、話合う 【はなしあう】
1. discussion; talk; tête-à-tête; conference
1. (telephone) receiver
受話機: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to address (someone); to accost a person; to talk (to someone)
2. to begin to talk; to start a conversation
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. dialogue; conversation; talk; discussion; communication
1. sign language
2. Sign languageA sign language (also signed language) is a language whic... Read more
1. public telephone; pay phone
2. PayphoneA payphone is a public telephone, often located in a phon... Read more
1. telephone (device)
2. TelephoneThe telephone (from the Greek: τῆλε, tēle, "far" and φωνή... Read more
1. telephone book; telephone directory
2. Telephone directoryA telephone directory (also called a telephone book, phon... Read more
1. telephone number
2. Telephone numberA telephone number or phone number is a sequence of digit... Read more
1. mobile telephone; cellular telephone
2. Mobile phoneA mobile phone (also known as a cellular phone, cell phon... Read more