Words — 473 found
1. to wear (from the shoulders down); to put on
- "You had better not wear the red dress." "Why not?"
2. to take (the blame, responsibility); to bearas 罪を〜
- The man was branded as a traitor.
著る: Rarely-used kanji form.
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. coat; tunic; jacket; outer garment
上衣 【うわぎ】、表着 【うわぎ】、上衣 【じょうい】
1. to arrive at; to reach
- It will be late autumn when you get to London.
2. to sit on; to sit at (e.g. the table)See also 席に着く
- Go to your respective seats.
1. to attach; to join; to add; to append; to affix; to stick; to glue; to fasten; to sew on; to apply (ointment)Usually written using kana alone
- Put your coat on my account.
2. to furnish (a house with)Usually written using kana alone
- つ 。
- When my home had an extension built I only had this room fitted with soundproofing and an internal lock.
3. to wear; to put onUsually written using kana alone
- He who wears armor falls with a big crash!
4. to keep a diary; to make an entryUsually written using kana alone
- むかし 、
- She used to keep a diary, but she no longer does.
5. to appraise; to set (a price)Usually written using kana alone
- They mark down goods at that shop.
6. to allot; to budget; to assignUsually written using kana alone
7. to bring alongsideUsually written using kana alone
8. to place (under guard or doctor)Usually written using kana alone
- The policeman followed him.
9. to follow; to shadowUsually written using kana alone, See also 跡をつける
10. to load; to give (courage to)Usually written using kana alone
11. to keep (an eye on)Usually written using kana alone
12. to establish (relations or understanding)Usually written using kana alone
13. to turn on (light)Usually written using kana alone, See also 点ける
- No sooner had Tom turned on the TV than the fuse blew.
14. to produce flowers; to produce fruitUsually written using kana alone, of a plant
- My tree had a few blossoms but no fruit.
着ける 【つける】、附ける 【つける】
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. underwear; underclothes; lingerie; chemise; singlet
2. UndergarmentUndergarments or underwear are clothes worn under other c... Read more
肌衣 【はだぎ】、膚着 【はだぎ】、肌衣 【はだぎぬ】
肌衣: Rarely-used kanji form. 膚着: Rarely-used kanji form. 肌衣: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. kimono; Japanese traditional clothing (esp. full-length)
- This is the only kimono that my mother bought me.
2. clothing; clothes
- み 。
- She looks odd in those clothes.
1. landing; alighting; touch down
2. LandingLanding is the last part of a flight, where a flying anim... Read more
1. underwear; undergarment; underclothes; lingerie
1. attachment; adhesion; tenacity; fixation; obsession
2. AbhiniveshaAbhinivesha is the Sanskrit for self-love, or will to liv... Read more
執着 【しゅうじゃく】、執著 【しゅうちゃく】、執著 【しゅうじゃく】
1. to catch up (with); to draw level; to pull even; to reach
2. to be compensated; to make up for one's losses
追い付く 【おいつく】、追い着く 【おいつく】、追付く 【おいつく】、追着く 【おいつく】、おい付く 【おいつく】
1. to put on (lower-body clothing, e.g. pants, skirt, footwear); to wearusu. 履く or 穿く
- These shoes are too tight to get into.
2. to affix (a sword to one's hip)usu. 佩く or 帯く
3. to affix (a bowstring to a bow)Archaism
穿く 【はく】、佩く 【はく】、着く 【はく】、帯く 【はく】
佩く: Rarely-used kanji form. 着く: Rarely-used kanji form. 帯く: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to calm down; to compose oneself; to regain presence of mind
2. to calm down; to settle down; to die down; to become stable; to abate
3. to settle down (in a location, job, etc.); to settle in
4. to be settled; to be fixed; to have been reachedof an arrangement, conclusion, etc.
5. to harmonize with; to harmonise with; to match; to suit; to fit
6. to be unobtrusive; to be quiet; to be subduedSee also 落ち着いた おちついた, usu. used pronominally as 落ち着いた
落ちつく 【おちつく】、落着く 【おちつく】、落ち付く 【おちつく】、落付く 【おちつく】
1. to put clothes on (someone); to dress; to clothe
- きせ 。
- Kate is dressing her doll.
2. to cover; to coat; to plate; to gild; to veneer
3. to pin (e.g. a crime on someone); to lay (blame); to charge (with an offence); to give (a bad name); to remind someone of (their indebtedness)
1. changing clothes; change of clothes
着がえ 【きがえ】、着換え 【きがえ】
着換え: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. counter for suits of clothing
- か 。
- I bought two pairs of trousers.
2. arriving at ...See also 到着
- Bob reached the finish line first.
1. calmness; composure; presence of mind
2. stability; steadiness
落着き 【おちつき】、落ち付き 【おちつき】、落付き 【おちつき】
1. to start work (on); to undertake
- He undertook a great deal of work.
2. to start committing a crimeLaw, also 著手
3. embarkation; launch