Words — 465 found
1. to wear (in modern Japanese, from the shoulders down); to put on
- "You had better not wear the red dress." "Why not?"
2. to bear (guilt, etc.)
- The man was branded as a traitor.
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. coat; tunic; jacket; outer garment
上衣 【うわぎ】、表着 【うわぎ】、上衣 【じょうい】
1. to arrive at; to reach
- It will be late autumn when you get to London.
2. to sit on; to sit at (e.g. the table)See also 席に着く
- Go to your respective seats.
1. to attach; to join; to add; to append; to affix; to stick; to glue; to fasten; to sew on; to apply (ointment)
- Put your coat on my account.
2. to furnish (a house with)
- つ 。
- When my home had an extension built I only had this room fitted with soundproofing and an internal lock.
3. to wear; to put on
- He who wears armor falls with a big crash!
4. to keep a diary; to make an entry
- むかし 、
- She used to keep a diary, but she no longer does.
5. to appraise; to set (a price)
- They mark down goods at that shop.
6. to allot; to budget; to assign
7. to bring alongside
8. to place (under guard or doctor)
- The policeman followed him.
9. to follow; to shadowSee also 跡をつける
10. to load; to give (courage to)
11. to keep (an eye on)
12. to establish (relations or understanding)
- No sooner had Tom turned on the TV than the fuse blew.
13. to turn on (light)See also 点ける
14. to produce flowers; to produce fruitof a plant
- My tree had a few blossoms but no fruit.
着ける 【つける】、附ける 【つける】
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. underwear; underclothes; lingerie; chemise; singlet
2. UndergarmentUndergarments or underwear are clothes worn under other c... Read more
膚着 【はだぎ】、肌衣 【はだぎ】、肌衣 【はだぎぬ】
1. kimono; Japanese traditional clothing (esp. full-length)
- This is the only kimono that my mother bought me.
2. clothing; clothes
- み 。
- She looks odd in those clothes.
1. landing; alighting; touch down
2. LandingLanding is the last part of a flight, where a flying anim... Read more
1. attachment; adhesion; tenacity; fixation; obsession
2. AbhiniveshaAbhinivesha is the Sanskrit for self-love, or will to liv... Read more
執着 【しゅうじゃく】、執著 【しゅうちゃく】、執著 【しゅうじゃく】
1. to catch up (with); to draw level; to pull even; to reach
2. to be compensated; to make up for one's losses
追い付く 【おいつく】、追い着く 【おいつく】、追付く 【おいつく】、追着く 【おいつく】、おい付く 【おいつく】
1. to put on (lower-body clothing, e.g. pants, skirt, footwear); to wearusu. 履く or 穿く
- These shoes are too tight to get into.
2. to affix (a sword to one's hip)usu. 佩く or 帯く
3. to affix (a bowstring to a bow)Archaism
佩く 【はく】、穿く 【はく】、着く 【はく】、帯く 【はく】
1. to calm down; to compose oneself; to regain presence of mind
2. to calm down; to settle down; to die down; to become stable; to abate
3. to settle down (in a location, job, etc.); to settle in
4. to be settled; to be fixed; to have been reachedof an arrangement, conclusion, etc.
5. to harmonize with; to harmonise with; to match; to suit; to fit
6. to be unobtrusive; to be quiet; to be subduedSee also 落ち着いた おちついた, usu. used pronominally as 落ち着いた
落ちつく 【おちつく】、落着く 【おちつく】、落ち付く 【おちつく】、落付く 【おちつく】
1. to put clothes on (someone)
- きせ 。
- Kate is dressing her doll.
2. to plate; to gild; to veneer
3. to accuse (of some crime); to give (a bad name)
1. changing clothes; change of clothes
着がえ 【きがえ】、着換え 【きがえ】
1. counter for suits of clothing
- か 。
- I bought two pairs of trousers.
2. arriving at ...See also 到着
- Bob reached the finish line first.
1. calmness; composure; presence of mind
2. stability; steadiness
落着き 【おちつき】、落ち付き 【おちつき】、落付き 【おちつき】
1. to start work (on); to undertake
- He undertook a great deal of work.
2. to start committing a crimeLaw, etc. term, also 著手
3. embarkation; launch