Words — 1530 found
1. to lose (something); to mislayUsually written using kana alone
- She lost her new watch.
2. to get rid of; to eliminate; to removeUsually written using kana alone
- To get the nation's economy out of the red, more foreign aid had to be pumped in.
失くす: Irregular kanji usage.
1. infinity; infinitude; eternity
2. infinite; limitless
3. InfinityInfinity refers to something without any limit, and is a ... Read more
1. unreasonable; unnatural; unjustifiable
3. forcible; forced; compulsoryoften as 無理に
4. excessive (work, etc.); immoderate
5. to work too hard; to try too hard
6. no way; not a chance; never; dream onColloquialism
1. to be lost (e.g. luggage); to be missingUsually written using kana alone
- I misplaced your blue pen.
2. to be used up; to be run out; to be exhausted; to be consumed; to be reduced to zero; to not occur any moreUsually written using kana alone
- The sands are running out.
3. to disappear (e.g. pain); to be lost (e.g. a dream, confidence)Usually written using kana alone
- The day will soon come when there will be no more wars in the world.
1. ignorance; innocence; stupidity
2. IgnoranceIgnorance is a state of being uninformed. The word ignora... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. taciturn; reticent; quiet; silent; untalkative
2. HalterA halter, headcollar, or, less often, headstall, is headg... Read more
1. futility; waste; uselessness; pointlessness; idleness
無駄: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. unthinkable; absurd; outrageous; preposterous; terribleUsually written using kana alone
- It isn't true that Jack is no good at music; on the contrary, he plays the piano well.
2. absolutely not!; not at all!; far from it!; impossible!; preposterous!; what a thing to say!; no way!; bullshitUsually written using kana alone
- "Have you finished it?" "On the contrary, I've just begun."
3. don't mention it; you're welcomeUsually written using kana alone
飛んでもない: Irregular kanji usage.
1. soon; shortly; before long; in a short time; in a little whileUsually written using kana alone
- たの 。
- I am looking forward to seeing you soon.
2. having no time to ...; with no time to ...after the dictionary form of a verb
- I didn't have time to recover before I came down with another horrible cold.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. radio (communication)
2. wireless; not using wiresAntonym: 有線
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. existence or nonexistence; presence or absence
- Is there some way to check for ovulation?
2. consent or refusal; yes or no
ゆうむ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. I'm sorry; (it's) inexcusable; I feel regretful; I feel guilty
- I'm sorry, but it's impossible.
2. thank you very much (for help, etc.)
申し訳無い 【もうしわけない】、申しわけない 【もうしわけない】
1. unexpected; contrary to expectations; by chance; casual
思い掛けない 【おもいがけない】、思い掛け無い 【おもいがけない】
1. slovenly (appearance, work, etc.); sloppy; untidy; undisciplined; careless; loose; slackUsually written using kana alone
2. weak; feeble; weak-willed; gutlessUsually written using kana alone
1. wasteful; a wasteUsually written using kana alone
2. too good; more than one deserves; unworthy ofUsually written using kana alone
3. impious; profane; sacrilegiousUsually written using kana alone
勿体無い 【もったいない】、物体ない 【もったいない】、物体無い 【もったいない】