Words — 1492 found
1. hand; armSee also お手 おて, occ. pronounced た when a prefix
- I made motions at him to come here with my hand.
2. forepaw; forelegColloquialism, See also お手 おて
- Here is a pan without handles.
4. hand; worker; help
5. trouble; care; effort
6. means; way; trick; move; technique; workmanship
- おも 。
- I hit upon a good idea.
7. hand; handwriting
8. kind; type; sort
9. one's hands; one's possessionSee also 手に入る
- はい 。
- Books are now within the reach of everybody.
10. ability to copeSee also 手に余る
11. hand (of cards)
- くば 。
- I was dealt a good hand.
12. directionSee also 山の手
13. move (in go, shogi, etc.)
15. HandA hand is a prehensile, multi-fingered extremity located ... Read more
2. Letter (message)A letter is a written message containing information from... Read more
1. stamp (postage); merchandise certificate
2. Postage stamp1. Image 2. Perforations 3. Denomination 4. Country name]... Read more
1. glove; mitten; mitt
2. Glovesee also the Lower Peninsula of Michigan, nicknamed "the ... Read more
2. reconciliation; joining hands; cooperation
3. HandshakeA handshake is a short ritual in which two people grasp o... Read more
1. assistant; helper
2. assistant (to a professor)Only applies to じょしゅ
すけて: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. skillful; skilled; proficient; good (at); adept; cleverAntonym: 下手 へた
- Do you play basketball well?
上手 【じょうて】、上手 【じょうしゅ】
じょうて: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. じょうしゅ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. unskillful; poor; awkwardAntonym: 上手 じょうず
- He comes from England, but is very poor at English.
2. imprudent; untactful
- Take care not to make a foolish move.
1. toilet; restroom; lavatory; bathroom
1. before oneself; in front of one; nearby
- Please let me off on this side of that traffic light.
2. a bit before reaching (a location); this side (of a location)
3. one's standpoint; one's appearance
5. youSee also 手前 てめえ
6. Lead (leg)Lead refers to which set of legs, left or right, leads or... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. cheque; check
2. ChequeA cheque (or check in American English) is a document/ins... Read more
1. handcuffs; manacles
2. HandcuffsHandcuffs are restraint devices designed to secure an ind... Read more
1. to help; to assist; to aid
2. to contribute to; to be a factor in
1. companion; partner; company
- Who is your dance partner?
2. other party; addressee
- All those tricks he's got up his sleeve make him a formidable client.
3. opponent (sports, etc.)
- だい １
- い 。
- The boxer said he would knock down his opponent in the first round.
1. player (sports); athlete; team member