Words — 692 found
1. to become; to get; to grow; to be; to reach; to attainUsually written using kana alone
- When you go, I'll miss you very much.
2. to result in; to prove to be
- The news turned out true in a week.
3. to consist of; to be composed of
- な 。
- Nine players make up a team.
4. to succeed; to be complete
5. to change into; to be exchanged for
6. to play a roleSee also 成り済ます
7. to be promotedShogi term
8. to do ...Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo), as お+masu-stem+になる, ご+noun+になる, etc.
1. I see; that's right; indeedUsually written using kana alone
成る程 【なるほど】、成程 【なるほど】、成るほど 【なるほど】、ナルホド
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. as much as possible; wherever practicable; if possibleUsually written using kana alone
1. success; hit
1. approval; agreement; support; favour; favor
1. growth; development; growing up; becoming an adult
2. growth (of a company, the economy, etc.)
1. results; record; grades; marks
1. complete; completion
- てつだ 。
- I helped him out with his picture.
2. perfection; accomplishment
- He brought the art of painting to perfection.
1. organization; organisation; configuration; composition
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. adult (esp. person 20 years old or over); grownup
- Only adults may watch that film.
2. becoming an adult; coming of age; growing up (to be a man, woman)See also 新成人
- Sandra has grown up to be a beautiful woman.
1. considerably; fairly; quiteUsually written using kana alone
可成り 【かなり】、可なり 【かなり】、可成 【かなり】
1. formation; establishment; materialization; coming into existence
- A new law has come into existence.
2. conclusion (e.g. of a deal); approval; completion; arrangement
3. being valid (of a theory, argument, etc.); holding; applying
1. to build up; to establishUsually written using kana alone, esp. 成す
- も 。
- He has an ambition to make a name for himself as a writer.
2. to form; to become (a state)Usually written using kana alone, esp. 成す
- Locusts came in big swarms.
3. to accomplish; to achieve; to succeed inUsually written using kana alone
- Human beings have achieved a lot more than animals.
4. to change intoUsually written using kana alone
- ちが 。
- You don't practice what you preach.
5. to do; to performUsually written using kana alone, esp. 為す
6. to intend to; to attempt; to tryArchaism
1. abruptly; suddenly; all of a sudden; without warningUsually written using kana alone
行き成り 【ゆきなり】、行成り 【いきなり】、行成り 【ゆきなり】、行き成 【いきなり】、行き成 【ゆきなり】、行成 【いきなり】、行成 【ゆきなり】
行き成: Irregular okurigana usage. 行き成: Irregular okurigana usage. 行成: Irregular okurigana usage. 行成: Irregular okurigana usage.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. achievement; attainment; accomplishment; realization
1. to consist of; to be made up of; to be composed of
- なりた 。
- This class is made up of thirty-five pupils.
2. to be concluded (e.g. of an agreement); to hold true (e.g. of a theory); to be valid
- おも 。
- I think your theory does not hold water.
3. to be viable (of a business, lifestyle, etc.); to carry on; to keep going
- A bookstore in that location wouldn't make enough money to survive.
1. (good) result; outcome; fruits (of one's labors); product; accomplishment
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. formation; molding; making up; taking form; giving form to
2. repair (e.g. plastic surgery); replacement; -plastyMedicine, etc. term, See also 形成手術 けいせいしゅじゅつ