Words — 1459 found
1. culture; civilization; civilisation
- ちが 。
- The two regions differ in religion and culture.
2. Bunka era (1804.2.11-1818.4.22)
4. CultureWhen Culture first began to take its current usage by Eur... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. strengthening; intensifying; reinforcement; enhancement; solidification
2. ReinforcementReinforcement is a term in operant conditioning and behav... Read more
1. digestion (of food)
2. digestion (of information); assimilation; thorough understanding
3. consumption; absorption; using up; meeting (e.g. a quota); completion
4. losing one's form and turning into something elseArchaism, orig. meaning
5. DigestionDigestion is the mechanical and chemical breakdown of foo... Read more
2. petrifaction; petrification; fossilization; fossilisation
3. Fossilprocess. ]] Fossils (from Latin fossus, literally "having... Read more
1. change; variation; alteration; mutation; transition; transformation; transfiguration; metamorphosis
- おこ 。
- Like other changes, this change in attitude has occurred in other countries, too.
2. variety; diversity
- と 。
- The mountains in this part of the country are full of variety.
3. inflection; declension; conjugationlinguistics terminology
- Can you conjugate this verb?
4. sidesteppingSumo term
1. make-up; makeup; cosmetics
化粧 【けわい】、化粧 【けそう】、仮粧 【けしょう】、仮粧 【けわい】、仮粧 【けそう】
けそう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. けそう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. (suffer) deterioration; growing worse; aggravation; degeneration; corruption
1. to deceive; to falsify; to misrepresent; to cheat; to swindle; to tamper; to juggle; to manipulateUsually written using kana alone
2. to dodge; to beg the question (issue, difficulties)Usually written using kana alone
3. to varnish over; to gloss overUsually written using kana alone
誤摩化す 【ごまかす】、胡麻化す 【ごまかす】、誤魔かす 【ごまかす】、胡魔化す 【ごまかす】
誤魔化す: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 誤摩化す: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 胡麻化す: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 誤魔かす: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 胡魔化す: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. to age; to grow old (esp. in appearance); to show marks of age
1. to take the form of (esp. in ref. to a spirit, fox, raccoon dog, etc.); to assume the shape of; to turn oneself into; to transform oneself into
- とい 。
- It is said that cats can change shape.
2. to disguise oneself as
3. to change radically; to metamorphose
4. to improve unexpectedly and dramatically (esp. of an actor, artist, rikishi, etc.)
1. goblin; monster; demon
2. ghost; apparition
- It's true that a ghost appeared at my house.
3. something that's unusually large
4. Obakeand bakemono are a class of yōkai, preternatural creature... Read more
2. BiochemistryBiochemistry, sometimes called biological chemistry, is t... Read more
1. ageing; aging; senile deterioration
2. AgeingAging (American English, occasionally British English) or... Read more
1. cultural heritage
2. Cultural heritageCultural heritage ("national heritage" or just "heritage"... Read more
1. rationalization; rationalisation; rationalize; rationalise
1. carbon monoxide
2. Carbon monoxideCarbon monoxide (CO), also called carbonous oxide, is a c... Read more
1. compoundChemistry term
2. Chemical compoundA chemical compound is a pure chemical substance consisti... Read more