Words — 1482 found
1. culture; civilization; civilisation
- ちが 。
- The two regions differ in religion and culture.
2. Bunka era (1804.2.11-1818.4.22)
4. CultureWhen Culture first began to take its current usage by Eur... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. strengthening; intensifying; reinforcement; enhancement; solidification
2. ReinforcementReinforcement is a term in operant conditioning and behav... Read more
1. digestion (of food)
2. digestion (of information); assimilation; thorough understanding
3. consumption; absorption; using up; meeting (e.g. a quota); completion
4. losing one's form and turning into something elseArchaism, orig. meaning
5. DigestionDigestion is the mechanical and chemical breakdown of foo... Read more
2. petrifaction; petrification; fossilization; fossilisation
3. Fossilprocess. ]] Fossils (from Latin fossus, literally "having... Read more
1. change; variation; alteration; mutation; transition; transformation; transfiguration; metamorphosis
- おこ 。
- Like other changes, this change in attitude has occurred in other countries, too.
2. variety; diversity
- と 。
- The mountains in this part of the country are full of variety.
3. inflection; declension; conjugationlinguistics terminology
- Can you conjugate this verb?
4. sidesteppingSumo term
1. make-up; makeup; cosmetics
化粧 【けわい】、化粧 【けそう】、仮粧 【けしょう】、仮粧 【けわい】、仮粧 【けそう】
けそう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. けそう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. (suffer) deterioration; growing worse; aggravation; degeneration; corruption
1. to deceive; to falsify; to misrepresent; to cheat; to swindle; to tamper; to juggle; to manipulateUsually written using kana alone
2. to dodge; to beg the question (issue, difficulties)Usually written using kana alone
3. to varnish over; to gloss overUsually written using kana alone
誤摩化す 【ごまかす】、胡麻化す 【ごまかす】、誤魔かす 【ごまかす】、胡魔化す 【ごまかす】
誤魔化す: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 誤摩化す: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 胡麻化す: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 誤魔かす: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 胡魔化す: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. to age; to grow old (esp. in appearance); to show marks of age
1. to take the form of (esp. in ref. to a spirit, fox, raccoon dog, etc.); to assume the shape of; to turn oneself into; to transform oneself into
- とい 。
- It is said that cats can change shape.
2. to disguise oneself as
3. to change radically; to metamorphose
4. to improve unexpectedly and dramatically (esp. of an actor, artist, rikishi, etc.)
1. goblin; monster; demon
2. ghost; apparition
- It's true that a ghost appeared at my house.
3. something that's unusually large
4. Obakeand bakemono are a class of yōkai, preternatural creature... Read more
2. BiochemistryBiochemistry, sometimes called biological chemistry, is t... Read more
1. ageing; aging; senile deterioration
2. AgeingAging (American English, occasionally British English) or... Read more
1. cultural heritage
2. Cultural heritageCultural heritage ("national heritage" or just "heritage"... Read more
1. carbon monoxide
2. Carbon monoxideCarbon monoxide (CO), also called carbonous oxide, is a c... Read more
1. compoundChemistry term
2. Chemical compoundA chemical compound is a pure chemical substance consisti... Read more
1. rationalization; rationalisation; rationalize; rationalise