1. to deceive; to cheat; to swindleUsually written using kana alone
- You can't fool me with a trick like that.
2. to falsify; to misrepresent; to lie about; to tamper with; to doctor; to cookUsually written using kana alone
- They falsified the account balances to evade the tax.
3. to evade (a question, taxes, etc.); to dodge; to gloss over (a mistake, fault, etc.); to smooth over; to get one's way out of (a difficult situation); to explain awayUsually written using kana alone
- He laughed the matter away.
4. to embezzle; to pocketUsually written using kana alone
誤摩化す 【ごまかす】、胡麻化す 【ごまかす】
誤魔化す: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 誤摩化す: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Rarely-used kanji form. 胡麻化す: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Rarely-used kanji form.
Log in to talk about this word.