1. aeroplane; airplane; aircraft
2. Fixed-wing aircraftA fixed-wing aircraft is an aircraft capable of flight us... Read more
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. airfield; airport
3. AerodromeAn aerodrome is a location from which aircraft flight ope... Read more
1. to fly; to soaresp. 飛ぶ
- と 。
- The plane flew over the mountain.
2. to jump; to leap; to spring; to bound; to hopesp. 跳ぶ
- と か。
- How high can you jump?
3. to spatter; to scatter; to splash; to fly (e.g. of sparks)
4. to hurry; to rush
- かんが 。
- She thought of the fine autumn day when she had rushed home from school with the good news; she was chosen to be on the relay team.
5. to flee; to run off; to escape
6. to disappear; to vanish; to fade; to thin out
7. to break off; to come off; to fall off; to blow (of a fuse)
- と 。
- A fuse has blown.
8. to be sent out (of an order); to fly (of false rumours, catcalls, etc.)
- と 。
- Word is passing that the Prime Minister is seriously ill.
9. to come flying (of a punch, kick, etc.)
10. to be missing (of a page, stitch, etc.); to skip; to jump (e.g. of a conversation)
- と 。
- He frequently jumps from one topic to another while he is talking.
跳ぶ 【とぶ】、翔ぶ 【とぶ】
翔ぶ: Out-dated kanji.
1. to jump out; to rush out; to fly out
- The speeding car missed the child, who ran out into the road, by only a hairsbreadth.
2. to appear (suddenly)
3. to protrude; to project
- とびだ 。
- The cartilage has slipped out here.
4. to butt in
5. to run away (e.g. from home); to break away; to cut ties with (e.g. workplace)
飛びだす 【とびだす】、飛出す 【とびだす】、跳び出す 【とびだす】、跳びだす 【とびだす】
1. to let fly; to make fly; to send flying; to blow off (e.g. in the wind); to launch; to fire; to hurl; to shoot
- と 。
- We let the bird fly.
2. to skip over; to leave out; to omit; to drop (e.g. a stitch)
- The actor missed a line.
3. to run fast; to drive fast; to gallop
- はじ 、
- When the bell rings, he'll start strong and Luciano will lose quickly.
4. to spray; to splash; to spatter
5. to say without reservation; to call out (e.g. a jeer); to rattle off (e.g. a joke)
6. to spread (e.g. a rumour); to circulate; to send out (a message); to issue (e.g. an appeal)
7. to transfer (to a less important post); to send away (e.g. to a provincial branch); to demote
8. to dispatch quickly (e.g. a reporter)
9. to get rid of; to burn off (alcohol)
10. to attack (e.g. with a leg manoeuvre)
11. to do vigorously; to do roughly; to do energetically
1. unthinkable; absurd; outrageous; preposterous; terribleUsually written using kana alone
- It isn't true that Jack is no good at music; on the contrary, he plays the piano well.
2. absolutely not!; not at all!; far from it!; impossible!; preposterous!; what a thing to say!; no way!; bullshitUsually written using kana alone
- "Have you finished it?" "On the contrary, I've just begun."
3. don't mention it; you're welcomeUsually written using kana alone
飛んでもない: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to jump in; to leap in; to plunge into; to dive
2. to burst in; to barge in
飛びこむ 【とびこむ】、飛込む 【とびこむ】
1. airship; blimp
2. AirshipAn airship or dirigible is a type of aerostat or "lighter... Read more
1. flying boat
2. Flying boatHenri Fabre, who had no prior experience with flying or f... Read more
1. to fly about; to flutter about; to flit about; to fly past each other
飛びかう 【とびかう】、とび交う 【とびかう】
1. leaping; activity
- I am about to take my last voyage, a great leap in the dark.
2. leapfrog (over a problem); making a leap (e.g. in logic)
- There is a leap of logic in what he says.
3. making great strides; making rapid progress
5. becoming active; playing an active part
1. to jump down; to jump off; to jump from; to jump out of
飛び降りる 【とびおりる】、跳び降りる 【とびおりる】、飛降りる 【とびおりる】
1. best; extra-fine; superfine; unequalledUsually written using kana alone
2. exceptionally; extraordinarily; by farUsually written using kana alone
3. jumping and slashing (e.g. at an enemy)orig. meaning
1. to jump over; to clear; to walk over (someone)
1. to jump up; to start up; to leap to one's feet; to fly away; to take off
飛びたつ 【とびたつ】、飛立つ 【とびたつ】