Words — 6 found
1. to fly; to soaresp. 飛ぶ
- と 。
- The plane flew over the mountain.
2. to jump; to leap; to spring; to bound; to hopesp. 跳ぶ
- と か。
- How high can you jump?
3. to spatter; to scatter; to splash; to fly (e.g. of sparks)
- かんが 。
- She thought of the fine autumn day when she had rushed home from school with the good news; she was chosen to be on the relay team.
4. to hurry; to rush
5. to flee; to run off; to escape
6. to disappear; to vanish; to fade; to thin out
7. to break off; to come off; to fall off; to blow (of a fuse)
- と 。
- A fuse has blown.
8. to be sent out (of an order); to fly (of false rumours, catcalls, etc.)
9. to come flying (of a punch, kick, etc.)
10. to be missing (of a page, stitch, etc.); to skip; to jump (e.g. of a conversation)
跳ぶ 【とぶ】、翔ぶ 【とぶ】
翔ぶ: Out-dated kanji.
1. great vigor; tremendous energy; forceful enough to knock down birds in flightIdiomatic expression, See also 飛ぶ鳥を落とす勢い
- かれ 、
- He's unstoppable right now but the question is how long he can remain at the pinnacle of his career.
1. great vigor; tremendous energy; forceful enough to knock down birds in flightIdiomatic expression