1. to fly; to soaresp. 飛ぶ
- と 。
- The plane flew over the mountain.
2. to jump; to leap; to spring; to bound; to hopesp. 跳ぶ
- と か。
- How high can you jump?
3. to rush somewhere; to come running
- かんが 。
- She thought of the fine autumn day when she had rushed home from school with the good news; she was chosen to be on the relay team.
4. to flee afar
5. to vanish; to disappear; to be consumed in a flash
6. to be missing a part in the middle; to skip elsewhere; to jump to a later part
7. to blow (of a fuse)
- と 。
- A fuse has blown.
跳ぶ 【とぶ】、翔ぶ 【とぶ】
翔ぶ: Out-dated kanji.
Log in to talk about this word.