Words — 34 found
1. slow; time-consuming; sluggishOnly applies to 遅い, Only applies to 鈍い, Only applies to 遲い
- My pulse is slow.
2. late (in the day); towards the end (of the day or night); until a time far into the day or nightOnly applies to 遅い, Only applies to 晩い, Only applies to 遲い
- He came home late last night.
3. later (than expected or usual); late; behind schedule; behind time; tardy; overdue; unpunctualOnly applies to 遅い, Only applies to 晩い, Only applies to 遲い
- おそ 。
- Spring is late coming this year.
4. too late; having missed the boatOnly applies to 遅い, Only applies to 晩い, Only applies to 遲い
5. dull; stupidArchaism, Only applies to 遅い, Only applies to 鈍い, Only applies to 遲い
- He cannot be a slow learner.
鈍い 【おそい】、晩い 【おそい】、遲い 【おそい】
遲い: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. dull (e.g. a knife); blunt
2. thickheaded; obtuse; stupid
3. dull (sound, color, etc.); dim (light)
4. slow; sluggish; inert; lethargic
5. insensitive; dull (e.g. reflexes); unperceptive; unfeeling
1. thickheaded; insensitive; dull; thick-skinned
1. to become blunt; to grow dull
- Television can dull our creative power.
2. to become less capable; to weaken; to falter
- にぶ 。
- The rate of inflation is slowing down.
1. dullard (gen. from not picking up on other people's feelings)Usually written using kana alone, See also 鈍い にぶい
- とい 、健
- When you think about it, it's all Kenny's fault for being so obtuse.
1. blunt weapon
2. Blunt instrumentA blunt instrument is any solid object used as a weapon, ... Read more
Common word Links
1. blockhead; dunce; dimwit; dolt; slowcoach; slowpokeUsually written using kana alone
野呂間 【のろま】、野呂松 【のろま】、ノロマ
1. dark sleeper (species of sleeper goby, Odontobutis obscura)Usually written using kana alone
2. Dark sleeperDark sleeper, Odontobutis obscura, is a species of Odonto... Read more