1. slow; time-consuming; sluggishOnly applies to 遅い, Only applies to 鈍い
- My pulse is slow.
2. late (in the day); towards the end (of the day or night); until a time far into the day or nightOnly applies to 遅い, Only applies to 晩い
- He came home late last night.
3. later (than expected or usual); late; behind schedule; behind time; tardy; overdue; unpunctualOnly applies to 遅い, Only applies to 晩い
- おそ 。
- Spring is late coming this year.
4. too late; having missed the boatOnly applies to 遅い, Only applies to 晩い
5. dull; stupidArchaism, Only applies to 遅い, Only applies to 鈍い
- He cannot be a slow learner.
鈍い 【おそい】、晩い 【おそい】、遲い 【おそい】
遲い: Out-dated kanji.
Log in to talk about this word.