Words — 74 found
1. prosperous; flourishing; thriving; successful
- English education flourishes in Japan.
2. popular; widespread
- Winter sports are very popular in our country.
3. active; lively; energetic; vigorous; brisk; strong
- He is still full of energy.
4. enthusiastic; eager; hearty; frequent; repeated
- つづけ 。
- The medical profession keeps handing out warnings about smoking.
旺ん 【さかん】、壮ん 【さかん】
1. height (e.g. of summer); peak (e.g. of cherry blossom season); (in) season; full bloom; full swing (of a party, etc.)ざかり when used as a suffix
- The cherry blossoms are at their best in April.
2. prime (of one's life); (one's) best days; bloom
- He is now in the prime of manhood.
3. (being in) heat; rut
1. grand; magnificent; lavish; large scale; prosperous; thriving; lively
2. forceful; powerful; vigorous
1. to swell; to rise; to bulge; to be piled up
- もりあ 。
- The surface of the earth rose due to the volcanic activity.
2. to rouse; to get excited
- The audience is really charged up.
盛りあがる 【もりあがる】、盛り上る 【もりあがる】、盛上がる 【もりあがる】、盛上る 【もりあがる】
JLPT N1 Links
1. dressing up in fine clothes; splendid clothes; one's best clothes
1. to incorporate; to include
2. to fill (a vessel) with
1. to pile up; to heap up
2. to stir up; to enliven; to bring to a climax
- もりあ 、
- What passion cannot music raise and quell?
1. to dish up; to arrange food (on a plate)
盛りつける 【もりつける】、盛付ける 【もりつける】
1. to serve (in a bowl, on a plate, etc.); to dish out; to dish up; to fill (a bowl) with
2. to pile up; to heap up; to fill up; to stack up
3. to administer (medicine, poison); to dose out; to prescribe
4. to put into (e.g. information in a report, meaning in a statement)
5. to mark out (e.g. scale); to graduate (e.g. thermometer)
6. to exaggerate; to apply heavy makeupSlang
1. arrangement of food (on a dish); serving of (arranged) food
盛りつけ 【もりつけ】、盛付け 【もりつけ】
1. embankment (for road, railway, etc.); raising the ground level; fill
盛り土 【もりつち】、盛土 【もりど】、盛土 【もりつち】