Words — 212 found
1. letter; writings
2. Sentence (linguistics)In the field of linguistics, a sentence is an expression ... Read more
1. study; library; den; home office; reading room
2. Study (room)A study is a room in a house which is used for paperwork,... Read more
1. to write; to compose; to pen
2. to draw; to paintSee also 描く かく
1. bookshop; bookstore
2. BooksellingBookselling is the commercial trading of books, the retai... Read more
1. book review
2. Book reviewA book review is a form of literary criticism in which a ... Read more
1. document; official papers
1. registered mail; registered post; registration (of mail)Abbreviation, See also 書留郵便
- You had better get this letter registered for fear it should be lost.
2. (putting on) record; writing down; noting down; registry
- Let me put down your new phone number in my notebook.
書き留め 【かきとめ】、書留め 【かきとめ】
書き留め: Irregular okurigana usage. 書留め: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. book; publication
しょじゃく: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. writing down from other written material; writing kanji text from hiragana
- We have a kanji dictation test today.
2. transcription (of spoken material)
1. to write down (what someone says); to take down dictation; to take notes (e.g. of a lecture)
2. to copy out (a text)
1. clerk; secretary
2. writing down; putting on record
3. Dyak (clerk)Dyak is a historical Russian bureaucratic occupation whos... Read more
1. to fill in (field, entry, etc.); to fill out (form)
- Write in the date yourself.
2. to post a message (e.g. on a bulletin-board)
3. to store
1. way of writing; manner of writing
2. penmanship (esp. used in old textbooks); calligraphy
3. format (e.g. of a report)
4. stroke order of a character
1. to finish writing; to complete
2. to write down (e.g. a list); to write out
描き上げる 【かきあげる】、書きあげる 【かきあげる】
1. to rewrite; to overwrite; to renew; to transfer
書換える 【かきかえる】、書き替える 【かきかえる】、書きかえる 【かきかえる】
2. entry (e.g. to a form)
3. posting (e.g. to a blog)