Words — 58 found
1. former; ex-; past; one-time
- My wife used to be a pro-wrestler, so if she ever catches me two-timing her, I'd be beaten to a pulp.
2. earlier times; the past; previous state
3. formerly; previously; originally; before
旧 【もと】、故 【もと】
1. used item; secondhand itemSee also 御古
2. old; used; previous
- み 。
- We saw an old hut standing at the margin of the forest.
故 【ふる】、旧 【ふる】
1. reason; cause; circumstancesUsually written using kana alone
1. breakdown; failure; fault; accident; out of order
2. damage; hurt
3. objection; protest
4. FailureFailure refers to the state or condition of not meeting a... Read more
1. old; aged; ancient; antiquated; antique; timewornof things, not people
2. long; since long ago; time-honored
3. of the distant past; long-ago
4. stale; threadbare; hackneyed; corny
5. old-fashioned; outmoded; out-of-date
故い 【ふるい】、旧い 【ふるい】
1. home town; birthplace; native place; one's old homeUsually written using kana alone
2. ruins; historic remainsArchaism, Only applies to ふるさと
ふる里 【ふるさと】、古里 【ふるさと】、旧里 【ふるさと】、故里 【ふるさと】、故郷 【こきょう】、旧里 【きゅうり】
1. therefore; consequentlyUsually written using kana alone
1. origin and history; particularsYojijukugo (four character compound)
古事来歴: Irregular kanji usage.
1. historical event; ancient event
2. tradition; folklore; legend; origin
1. to come home in triumph; to return to one's hometown in glory
1. ancient practices; old customs
こしつ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.