Words — 61 found
1. former; ex-; past; one-time
- My wife used to be a pro-wrestler, so if she ever catches me two-timing her, I'd be beaten to a pulp.
2. earlier times; the past; previous state
3. formerly; previously; originally; before
旧 【もと】、故 【もと】
1. used item; secondhand itemSee also 御古
2. old; used; previous
- み 。
- We saw an old hut standing at the margin of the forest.
故 【ふる】、旧 【ふる】
1. reason; cause; circumstancesUsually written using kana alone
1. fault; trouble; breakdown; failure; being out of order
- おく 。
- I was late because my car broke down.
2. damage (to a part of the body); injury; hurt
3. problem; hitch; obstacle; hindrance
4. objection; protest
5. FailureFailure refers to the state or condition of not meeting a... Read more
1. old; aged; ancient; antiquated; antique; timewornof things, not people
2. long; since long ago; time-honored
3. of the distant past; long-ago
4. stale; threadbare; hackneyed; corny
5. old-fashioned; outmoded; out-of-date
故い 【ふるい】、旧い 【ふるい】
1. the deceased; the departed
2. old friend; longtime acquaintanceDated term
1. hometown; birthplace; native place; one's old homeUsually written using kana alone, See also 故郷 こきょう
2. ruins; historic remainsArchaism
ふる里 【ふるさと】、古里 【ふるさと】、故里 【ふるさと】、旧里 【ふるさと】、旧里 【きゅうり】
故里: Rarely-used kanji form. 旧里: Rarely-used kanji form. 旧里: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. therefore; consequentlyUsually written using kana alone
1. origin and history; particularsYojijukugo (four character compound)
古事来歴: Irregular kanji usage.
1. historical event; ancient event
2. tradition; folklore; legend; origin
1. old person (knowledgeable about events of the distant past); elderly person; elder
故老: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to come home in triumph; to return to one's hometown in glory