Words — 136 found
1. place; spot; scene; sitealso pronounced どころ when a suffix
- Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet.
2. addressUsually written using kana alone
3. district; area; localityUsually written using kana alone
4. one's houseUsually written using kana alone
- "Do you mind if I call on you sometime?" "No, not at all."
5. point; aspect; side; facetUsually written using kana alone, See also いいとこ
- Seeing that you're not surprised, I think you must have known.
6. passage (in text); partUsually written using kana alone
7. space; roomUsually written using kana alone
8. thing; matterUsually written using kana alone
- I have been to the station to see my uncle off.
9. whereupon; as a resultUsually written using kana alone, after the plain past form of a verb
- Oh, no! I almost forgot!
10. about to; on the verge ofUsually written using kana alone, after present form of a verb
11. was just doing; was in the process of doing; have just done; just finished doingUsually written using kana alone, after past form of a verb
処 【ところ】、處 【ところ】、所 【とこ】
處: Out-dated kanji.
1. household; home; family; housekeepingしょたい is more informal
2. HouseholdThe household is "the basic residential unit in which eco... Read more
世帯 【しょたい】、所帯 【しょたい】
1. what is called; as it is called; the so-called; so to speakUsually written using kana alone
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. here and there; some parts (of something); several places
所所 【ところどころ】、所々 【しょしょ】、所所 【しょしょ】、処々 【しょしょ】、処処 【しょしょ】
1. belonging to (a group, organization, etc.); affiliation (with); being attached to; being under the control of
1. ownership; dominion; ownership rights; proprietorship; property rights
2. OwnershipOwnership of property may be private, collective, or comm... Read more
1. income tax
2. Income taxAn income tax is a tax levied on the income of individual... Read more
1. consequence; outcome; result; blameUsually written using kana alone, often ...のせい
せえ: Irregular kana usage.
1. by the way; incidentallyUsually written using kana alone
- "By the way, where's your old man?" "Under that over-turned truck."
2. even if; no matter (who, what, when, where, why, how)after the plain past form of a verb
- Complaining won't change anything.
1. even so; however; still; whereupon; even though; nevertheless; on the contrary; as a matter of fact; despiteUsually written using kana alone