Words — 179 found
1. to think; to consider; to believe; to reckon想う has connotations of heart-felt
2. to think (of doing); to plan (to do)
3. to judge; to assess; to regard
4. to imagine; to suppose; to dream
- We are never as happy or as unhappy as we imagine.
5. to expect; to look forward to
6. to feel; to be (in a state of mind); to desire; to want
7. to recall; to remember
想う 【おもう】、念う 【おもう】、憶う 【おもう】、懐う 【おもう】、惟う 【おもう】
1. to recall; to remember; to recollect
思いだす 【おもいだす】、おもい出す 【おもいだす】、思出す 【おもいだす】
思出す: Irregular okurigana usage.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. thought; consideration; thinking
2. ThoughtThought generally refers to any mental or intellectual ac... Read more
1. memories; recollections; reminiscence
想い出 【おもいで】、思いで 【おもいで】、想いで 【おもいで】、思出 【おもいで】
1. unconsciously; involuntarily; instinctively; reflexively; spontaneously; unintentionally; in spite of oneself
1. to think of; to hit upon; to come into one's mind; to be struck with an idea
2. to remember; to recall
1. unexpected; contrary to expectations; by chance; casual
思い掛けない 【おもいがけない】、思い掛け無い 【おもいがけない】
1. to be convinced (that); to be under the impression (that); to feel sure (that); to assume (that)
2. to make up one's mind; to set one's heart on; to be determined (to do); to be bent on
3. to be obsessed (with a thought, idea, etc.); to think about obsessively
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. idea; plan; fancy; impulse; thought; whim; suggestion
1. puberty; adolescence
2. PubertyPuberty is the process of physical changes by which a chi... Read more
2. imagination; mind; heart
3. desire; wish; hope; expectation
4. love; affectione.g. Ａ思いのＢ for 'B who loves A'
5. feelings; emotion; sentiment; experience
想い 【おもい】、念い 【おもい】
1. consideration; thoughtfulness; sympathy; compassion; feeling; kindness; understanding; regard; kindheartedness
1. to recall; to remember
思い起す 【おもいおこす】、思起す 【おもいおこす】
思起す: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. expectation; anticipation; prediction; forecast; calculations
- き 。
- Don't mind about what others think.
2. purpose; intention; motive; ulterior motive
3. others' opinions of one
思惑: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. to one's heart's content; as much as one wants; as hard as one can; with all one's strength; to the best of one's ability; to the utmost; with determination; hard; heavilySee also 思いっきり
- She gave me a hard kick on my right leg.
2. resolution; decisiveness; determination; resignation
1. to give up (an idea or plan); to abandon; to refrain from (doing); to change one's mind
思い止まる 【おもいとどまる】、思い留まる 【おもいとどまる】
1. to give up all thoughts of; to abandon; to despair of
- おもいき 。
- I can't forget her.
2. to make up one's mind; to take a momentous decision
- Desperate diseases require desperate remedies.
1. to one's heart's content; to one's complete satisfaction; as much as one likes; heartily; thoroughly; without restraint