Words — 179 found
1. to think; to consider; to believe; to reckon想う has connotations of heart-felt
2. to think (of doing); to plan (to do)
3. to judge; to assess; to regard
4. to imagine; to suppose; to dream
- We are never as happy or as unhappy as we imagine.
5. to expect; to look forward to
6. to feel; to be (in a state of mind); to desire; to want
7. to recall; to remember
想う 【おもう】、念う 【おもう】、憶う 【おもう】、懐う 【おもう】、惟う 【おもう】
1. to recall; to remember; to recollect
思いだす 【おもいだす】、おもい出す 【おもいだす】、思出す 【おもいだす】
思出す: Irregular okurigana usage.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. thought; consideration; thinking
2. ThoughtThought generally refers to any mental or intellectual ac... Read more
1. memories; recollections; reminiscence
想い出 【おもいで】、思いで 【おもいで】、想いで 【おもいで】、思出 【おもいで】
1. unconsciously; involuntarily; instinctively; reflexively; spontaneously; unintentionally; in spite of oneself
1. to think of; to hit upon; to come into one's mind; to be struck with an idea
2. to remember; to recall
1. unexpected; contrary to expectations; by chance; casual
思い掛けない 【おもいがけない】、思い掛け無い 【おもいがけない】
1. to be convinced (that); to be under the impression (that); to feel sure (that); to assume (that)
2. to make up one's mind; to set one's heart on; to be determined (to do); to be bent on
3. to be obsessed (with a thought, idea, etc.); to think about obsessively
Common word JLPT N2 Links
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. idea; plan; fancy; impulse; thought; whim; suggestion
1. puberty; adolescence
2. PubertyPuberty is the process of physical changes by which a chi... Read more
1. consideration; thoughtfulness; sympathy; compassion; feeling; kindness; understanding; regard; kindheartedness
1. to recall; to remember
思い起す 【おもいおこす】、思起す 【おもいおこす】
思起す: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. expectation; anticipation; prediction; forecast; calculations
- き 。
- Don't mind about what others think.
2. purpose; intention; motive; ulterior motive
3. others' opinions of one
思惑: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. to give up (a plan or idea); to desist from (doing)
思い止まる 【おもいとどまる】、思い止どまる 【おもいとどまる】
1. to give up all thoughts of; to abandon; to despair of
- おもいき 。
- I can't forget her.
2. to make up one's mind; to take a momentous decision
- Desperate diseases require desperate remedies.
1. to one's heart's content; to one's complete satisfaction; as much as one likes; heartily; thoroughly; without restraint
1. to suddenly understand (esp. on basis of experience or memory); to come to mind; to recall (in a flash); to be reminded of; to call to mind; to think of; to strike on; to hit on an answer; to seize the crux of a problem
思いあたる 【おもいあたる】、思い当る 【おもいあたる】