Words — 500 found
1. last (i.e. immediately preceding); previous; ex-; former
- The dismissal of foreign minister Tanaka is symbolic of the continuing political turmoil.
2. pre- (e.g. premodern)before the name of an era
3. beforeafter a noun
4. before; earlierDated term, See also 前 まえ
1. point; tip; end; nozzle
- The point of the pencil has become dull.
2. head (of a line); front
3. first; before; ahead (of)
- でてい 。
- The taller of the two men went out first.
4. (the way) ahead; beyond
- い 。
- You cannot go any farther.
- You never can tell what'll happen in the future.
6. previous; prior; former; recent; last
- And so it seems she tried phoning but it's who was on the other end of that phone that was the problem.
8. rest (e.g. of a story); continuation; remaining part
- I'd like to know the rest of the story.
9. the other party
前 【さき】、先き 【さき】
先き: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. in front (of); before (e.g. a building)
- There is a small garden in front of my house.
2. before; earlier; previously; prior; ago; (minutes) to (the hour)
- Take your shoes off before you come into the room.
3. (the) front; frontal part; fore; head (e.g. of a line)
- すわ 。
- I sat in the front of the bus.
4. forward; ahead
- Look forward, please.
5. (in the) presence (of); in front (of someone)
- な 。
- Mary is not used to being made fun of in the presence of others.
6. previous (e.g. page); prior (e.g. engagement); first (e.g. half); former (e.g. example)
- ひっこ 。
- The previous owners of our house moved to Liverpool.
7. portion; helpingSee also 一人前, after a noun or the -masu stem of a verb
8. front (of one's body or clothing); breast (of a coat, kimono, etc.)
- あ 。
- On him the coat did not meet in the front.
9. privates; private parts
- かく ！
- まえ 、
- M-my goodness!? Cover-up! Cover yourself up!
10. criminal record; previous conviction; (a) priorColloquialism
1. condition; assumption; prerequisite; hypothesis
- You ought to think over whether the premise is valid or not.
2. intention; intent; aim; goal
- We are dating with a view to marriage.
3. premise (in logic)
4. PresuppositionIn the branch of linguistics known as pragmatics, a presu... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. front and rear; front and back; before and behind; back and forth
- ふ 。
- He shook his head back and forth.
2. before and after
3. around; about; approximatelyafter a quantity, age, time, etc.
- きかん ３０
- ねん 、
- りりつ ２％
- し 。
- Japan's ODA largely consists of concessionary yen credit repayable in 30 years, carrying an interest rate of 2% or so.
4. order; context
- Anastrophe, by switching around words, has the effect of emphasizing text.
6. just when; around the time of
7. inversion; reversion; getting out of order
8. co-occurring; happening at the same timeas 前後して
1. future; prospects; outlook
- Life lies in front of you.
2. journey ahead; distance yet to cover
1. in advance; beforehand; previously
前以て 【まえもって】、前以って 【まえもって】
1. previous conviction; criminal record; previous offense; previous offence
2. Criminal recordA criminal record is a record of a person's criminal hist... Read more
1. prostate gland
2. ProstateThe prostate (from Greek προστάτης - prostates, literally... Read more
1. prelude; overtureMusic term
2. Prelude (music)A prelude (Germ. Präludium or Vorspiel; Lat. praeludium; ... Read more
1. previous day; day before; eve; prior day; preceding dayesp. 〜の前日
1. omen; portent; sign; premonition; harbinger; precursor; presentiment
1. previous time; last time; previous installment; previous instalment; previous session