Words — 498 found
1. the last (i.e. immediately preceding) (e.g. "the last mayor"); previous; one-time; former
2. pre- (e.g. "premodern")before the name of an era
3. before; earlierSee also 前 まえ
1. previous; prior; former; first; earlier; some time ago; preceding
- This was he of whom I said, "He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me."
2. point (e.g. pencil); tip; end; nozzle
- か 。
- I can't write with this dull pencil.
3. head (of a line); front
4. ahead; the other side
- い 。
- You cannot go any farther.
5. the future; hereafter
- み 。
- We could see the summit of a mountain twenty miles away.
- And so it seems she tried phoning but it's who was on the other end of that phone that was the problem.
7. the other party
前 【さき】、先き 【さき】
先き: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. in front (of); before (e.g. the house)
- How long ago did the author die?
2. ago; before; previously; prior; (minutes) to (the hour)See also 前 ぜん
- あさ 、スティーブン・ホーキング
- すわ 。
- One October morning in 1987, Stephen Hawking sat before his computer.
3. front (of something); head (e.g. of a line); fore part
4. front (e.g. seat); previous (e.g. entry in a list); prior; former
- She stood in the court before judge and jury.
5. (in the) presence (of); in front (of someone)
6. forward; ahead
- かく ！
- まえ 、
- M-my goodness!? Cover-up! Cover yourself up!
7. helping; portionSee also 人前 にんまえ, usu. after a noun or the masu stem of a verb
8. front of the body
9. privates; private parts
1. condition; assumption; prerequisite; hypothesis
- You ought to think over whether the premise is valid or not.
2. intention; intent; aim; goal
- We are dating with a view to marriage.
3. premise (in logic)
4. PresuppositionIn the branch of linguistics known as pragmatics, a presu... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. front and rear; front and back; before and behind; back and forth
- ふ 。
- He shook his head back and forth.
2. before and after
3. around; about; approximately
- きかん ３０
- ねん 、
- りりつ ２％
- し 。
- Japan's ODA largely consists of concessionary yen credit repayable in 30 years, carrying an interest rate of 2% or so.
4. order; context
- Anastrophe, by switching around words, has the effect of emphasizing text.
6. just when; around the time of
7. inversion; reversion; getting out of order
1. future; prospects; outlook
- Life lies in front of you.
2. journey ahead; distance yet to cover
1. in advance; beforehand; previously
前以て 【まえもって】、前以って 【まえもって】
1. prostate gland
2. ProstateThe prostate (from Greek προστάτης - prostates, literally... Read more
1. previous conviction; criminal record; previous offense; previous offence
2. Criminal recordA criminal record is a record of a person's criminal hist... Read more
1. prelude; overtureMusic term
2. Prelude (music)A prelude (Germ. Präludium or Vorspiel; Lat. praeludium; ... Read more
1. previous day; day before; eve; prior day; preceding dayesp. 〜の前日
1. omen; portent; sign; premonition; harbinger; precursor; presentiment
1. previous time; last time; previous installment; previous instalment; previous session