Words — 12 found
Common word Links
1. indicates sentence topicpronounced わ in modern Japanese
- New York's Fifth Avenue is comparable to Ginza.
2. indicates contrast with another option (stated or unstated)
- Whew! This is a tough hill. But coming back sure will be a breeze.
3. adds emphasis
- I'm leaving you tomorrow.
4. Ha (kana)は, in hiragana, or ハ in katakana, is one of the Japanese ... Read more
2. Human toothTeeth of humans are small, calcified, whitish structures ... Read more
齒: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. leaf; blade (of grass); (pine) needle
2. LeafA leaf is an organ of a vascular plant, as defined in bot... Read more
1. edge (of a knife or sword)
2. prong (of an electrical plug)
3. BladeA blade is that portion of a tool, weapon, or machine wit... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. feather; plume; down
- Fine feathers make fine birds.
- み 。
- I found a bird whose wing was severely damaged.
3. blade (of a fan, propeller, etc.)Only applies to 羽根
4. shuttlecock (in badminton)Only applies to はね, See also シャトル
5. shuttlecock (in hanetsuki)Only applies to 羽根, See also 羽子 はご, also written as 羽子
6. arrow feathersOnly applies to 羽根, See also 矢羽 やばね
羽根 【はね】、羽 【は】
1. supremacy (over a nation); hegemony; domination; leadershipSee also 覇を唱える
2. championship; victory
1. third in a sequence denoted by the iroha system; third note in the diatonic scale (used in key names, etc.)
JLPT N3 Links
1. yes; indeed; well
3. what?; huh?
- ... Aaah, just how am I supposed to cope with this I wonder?