Words — 323 found
1. head (of a household); proprietor (of a store); proprietress; landlord; landladySee also ご主人
2. one's husband
3. (one's) employer; (one's) master
4. host; hostess
1. head (of a household); proprietor (of a store); proprietress; landlord; landlady; master (of a servant)Only applies to 主, Only applies to 主人
- It is I who am head of this family.
2. entertaining someone as one's guestArchaism, See also 饗設け
主人 【あるじ】、饗 【あるじ】
饗: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. head (of a household, etc.); leader; master
2. owner; proprietor; proprietress
3. subject (of a rumour, etc.); doer (of a deed)
4. guardian spirit (e.g. long-resident beast, usu. with mystical powers); long-time resident (or employee, etc.)
6. youFamiliar language, See also おぬし
1. honorific (or familiar) suffix used after a nameArchaism, Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language
1. staple food
2. Staple foodA staple food is one that is eaten regularly and in such ... Read more
1. sovereignty; supremacy; dominion
2. SovereigntySovereignty is the quality of having supreme, independent... Read more
主權: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
2. Subject (grammar)The subject (abbreviated SUB or SU) is one of the two mai... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. claim; insistence; assertion; advocacy; emphasis; contention; opinion; tenet
1. doctrine; rule; principle; -ism
1. housewife; mistress (of the house); homemaker
1. meaning; point (e.g. of a statement); gist; effect
2. goal; intent; object; aim; pointOnly applies to 趣旨
- い 。
- The doctor spoke to the effect that my father would soon get better.
1. person in charge; senior staff; manager; chief; head