Words — 260 found
1. thing; object; article; stuff; substance
- Don't beat around the bush.
2. one's things; possessions; property; belongingsas 〜のもの, 〜のもん
- Robert used to help his father in the store on weekends.
3. things; something; anything; everything; nothing
- I'd like to see your sister.
- Wilson's solution is similar to Hudson's in that they used the same constants.
5. reason; the way of things
6. used to emphasize emotion, judgment, etc.; used to indicate a common occurrence in the past (after a verb in past tense); used to indicate a general tendency; used to indicate something that should happenUsually written using kana alone, formal noun often used as 〜ものだ
- こ 、
- I used to come to this beach when I was a boy.
7. item classified as ...; item related to ...; work in the genre of ...Usually written using kana alone
8. cause of ...; cause for ...
9. somehow; somewhat; for some reasonOnly applies to もの, See also 物寂しい ものさびしい
10. really; trulyOnly applies to もの, See also 物珍しい ものめずらしい
1. indicates reason or excuseused as a conjunction or at sentence-end, often as 〜ものな, 〜ものね
- By the way, Ren. Should I take your hand? Every year you wander off.
2. indicates dissatisfaction; indicates desire to be pampered or indulgedFemale term or language, at sentence-end
1. story; tale; narrative; account; fable; legend
2. Monogatariis a literary form in traditional Japanese literature, an... Read more
物語り: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. warrior; samurai
3. Samuraiis the term for the military nobility of pre-industrial J... Read more
武士 【もののふ】、武夫 【ぶふ】
1. to tell (a story); to give an account of (an event, experience, etc.); to relate; to recount
- ものがた 。
- This story says a lot about what has happened to America.
2. to tell of; to show; to indicate; to prove; to attest to
- ものがた 。
- The child's good health says a great deal for maternal care.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. storage room; storeroom; lumber room
物置き: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. terrific; staggering; tremendous; incredible; extremeUsually written using kana alone
- She has a gigantic appetite.
2. frightful; ghastly; horrific; terrible; awful; gruesome; eerieUsually written using kana alone
- The sound of an awful scream made him shudder.
1. unsatisfied; unsatisfactory; insufficient