Words — 239 found
1. rural area; countryside; the sticks
- ようなき 。
- I feel completely restored after a week in the country.
- い 。
- I visited my father's hometown last summer.
3. Rural areaRural areas or the country or countryside are areas of la... Read more
いなか: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading).
1. to die; to pass away
2. to lose spirit; to lose vigor; to look dead
3. to cease; to stop
1. dead body; corpse; cadaver; carcass
2. CadaverA corpse, also called a cadaver in medical literary and l... Read more
2. FishermanA fisherman or fisher is someone who captures fish and ot... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
2. KoreaSensitive, Colloquialism
3. PeninsulaA peninsula is a piece of land that is bordered by water ... Read more
1. emigration; immigrationSensitive
- ながいあいだ 「
- The United States has long been known as a "melting pot" because most of its people are descended from immigrants.
2. emigrant; immigrant
- なや 。
- The German Chancellor is plagued by immigration problems.
3. ImmigrationImmigration is the act of foreigners passing or coming in... Read more
1. mixed race; mixed parentageSensitive
2. MultiracialThe terms multiracial and mixed-race describe people whos... Read more
1. extramarital sex; affair; fooling around
- He was always faithful to his wife.
2. infidelity; wantonness; unfaithfulness; inconstancy; fickleness; caprice
- あいて 。
- She is a loose woman and will honestly go with anyone.
うわ気 【うわき】、上気 【うわき】
上気: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
- はこびこ 。
- A freezing beggar was brought into the hospital for treatment. However, he didn't have even one cent with which to settle the bill.
- The pauper was begging for a living.
3. BeggingBegging is the present participle of the verb 'beg. ' To ... Read more
1. fool; idiot; simpletonUsually written using kana alone, Kansai dialect
阿呆 【あほう】、阿房 【あほう】、アホ
阿呆: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 阿呆: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 阿房: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. Chinese cooking; Chinese food
2. Chinese cuisineChinese cuisine is any of several styles originating from... Read more
1. public bathhouse
- The fire started in the bathhouse.
2. bathhouse proprietorSensitive
1. employee; worker
2. laborer (labourer); blue-collar worker
労動者: Irregular kanji usage.
1. hamlet; subunit of villageSensitive
- とき 、
- Years of resistance to misfortune ended when the settlers' village was overcome by the savages and their hopes and lives came to the bitter end.
2. burakumin areaSensitive
1. boss; leader; kingpin; chief; head (e.g. of a crime syndicate)