Words — 12199 found
1. order; command; decree; directive
- Ken told his dog to wait there.
2. (software) instruction; statementComputing
1. release; unleashing; liberation; emancipation; setting free
2. deallocation (of computer memory)Computing
3. EmancipationEmancipation is a broad term used to describe various eff... Read more
2. record of page visitors (e.g. in social networking sites)Computing
3. FootprintFootprints are the impressions or images left behind by a... Read more
足あと 【あしあと】、足跡 【そくせき】
1. waste; scrap; garbage; dregsUsually written using kana alone
- Rap is crap.
2. scum; piece of trash; loserUsually written using kana alone
3. KudzuKudzu is a plant in the genus Pueraria in the pea family ... Read more
1. to fall down; to drop; to fall (e.g. rain); to sink (e.g. sun or moon); to fall onto (e.g. light or one's gaze); to be used in a certain place (e.g. money)occ. 堕ちる for depravity and 墜ちる for a crash
- Grandpa fell down the stairs and got a serious injury.
2. to be omitted; to be missing
3. to decrease; to sink
- お 。
- The scandal hurt the company's reputation.
4. to fail (e.g. exam or class); to lose (contest, election, etc.)
- お 。
- As many as ten students failed the exam.
5. to crash; to degenerate; to degrade; to fall behind
6. to become indecent (of a conversation)
7. to be ruined; to go under
8. to fade; to come out (e.g. a stain); to come off (e.g. makeup); to be removed (e.g. illness, possessing spirit, name on a list)See also 狐が落ちる きつねがおちる
- お 。
- This ink stain will not wash out.
9. to fall (into someone's hands); to become someone's possession
10. to fall (into a trap); to fall (for a trick)
11. to give in; to give up; to confess; to flee
12. to fall; to be defeated; to surrender
13. to come to (in the end); to end in
15. to swoon (judo)
16. to consent; to understandSee also 腑に落ちない ふにおちない
17. to go down (of a website, server, etc.); to crashComputing
18. to log out (of an online game, chat room, etc.); to drop out; to leave; to go offlineSlang
19. to dieof animals
20. to move to the depthsof fish when it gets cold
堕ちる 【おちる】、墜ちる 【おちる】、落る 【おちる】
落る: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to drop; to lose; to let fall; to shed (light); to cast (one's gaze); to pour in (liquid); to leave behind
- お 。
- He dropped a vase.
2. to clean off (dirt, makeup, paint, etc.); to remove (e.g. stains or facial hair); to lose; to spend money at a certain place; to omit; to leave out; to secretly let escape
- ぬ 、
- お 。
- Tony took off his shirt and cleaned the piano with it.
3. to lose (a match); to reject (an applicant); to fail (a course); to defeat (in an election)
- お 。
- Last year, he failed two of his final examinations.
4. to lower (e.g. shoulders or voice); to lessen (e.g. production or body weight); to worsen (quality); to reduce (e.g. rank or popularity); to speak badly of; to make light of; to fall into straitened circumstances
- お 、
- はしりこ 。「
- We sped into the narrow track, hardly dropping any speed. "It's a short cut!" "Oi! It's a footpath!!"
5. to fall into (e.g. a dilemma or sin); to make one's own; to have one's bid accepted; to force surrender; to take (e.g. an enemy camp or castle); to forcefully convince; to press for a confession; to deal with
6. to download; to copy from a computer to another mediumComputing
- Are there any knacks, or good sites, for downloading Japanese software?
7. to make someone swoon (judo)Martial arts
8. to finish a story (e.g. with the punch line)
9. to finish (a period, e.g. of fasting)
1. destruction; disruption
- The typhoon destroyed many houses.
2. (application) crashComputing
3. SubversionSubversion refers to an attempt to transform the establis... Read more
1. surfaceAntonym: 裏
2. face (i.e. the visible side of an object)
- みわ 。
- I cannot tell which is the right side of this paper.
3. front (of a building, etc.); obverse side (i.e. "head") of a coin
- I don't understand the problem; I could make neither head nor tail of it.
4. outside; exterior
- けんとう 。
- I don't know what kind of creature is making such a terrible noise outside tonight.
- あらわ 。
- An inner defect never fails to express itself outwardly.
7. first half (of an inning); top (of an inning)Baseball, Antonym: 裏 うら
8. cover (for tatami mats, etc.)
1. establishment; creation; posing (a problem); setting (movie, novel, etc.); scene
- ふく 。
- The stated price does not include labor charges.
2. options setting; preference settings; configuration; setupComputing
- For code-type locks that don't need a key, there are 'free dial' systems where you can set any number you like, and fixed types where the number is set in advance.
1. to open; to undo; to unseal; to unpack
- せんしゅう 、
- ひら 。
- We gave a ball last week.
2. to bloom; to unfold; to spread out
- はじ 。
- Little by little, the buds on the rosebush in my garden begin to open.
3. to open (for business, e.g. in the morning)
4. to be wide (gap, etc.); to widen
5. to hold (meeting, party, etc.); to give; to open
6. to found (nation, dynasty, sect, etc.); to open (a new business); to set up; to establish; to start
7. to open (ports, borders, etc.)
8. to open (an account)
9. to open up (new land, path, etc.); to clear; to developSee also 拓く
10. to open (a file, etc.)Computing
11. to extract (root); to reduce (equation)Mathematics
12. to cut open (fish)Food, cooking, as 魚を開く
13. to change (kanji into hiragana)
14. to flare (e.g. skirt)
15. to slacken (into a poor posture)Sports, as 体が開く, 肩が開く, etc.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. component; factor; item (e.g. in list)
2. element (e.g. in array); member (e.g. data structure)Computing
1. preservation; conservation; storage; maintenance
- We should preserve the beauties of the countryside.
2. saving (e.g. to disk)Computing
- Save it on the external hard drive.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. publication; issue (of journal, newspaper, etc.)
- This local newspaper is published once a week.
2. issue (of banknotes, bonds, passport, etc.)
- New stamps will be issued next month.
3. raising an event (software)Computing
1. to give (esp. to someone of lower status); to bestow; to grant; to confer; to present; to award
- A man can receive only what is given to him from heaven.
2. to provide; to afford; to offer; to supply
3. to assign
4. to cause
5. to pass (a variable to a function)Computing
1. to strike; to clap; to knock; to beat; to tap; to pat
- An ugly man knocked on my door.
2. to play drums
3. to abuse; to bash; to flame (e.g. on the Internet); to insult
- The newspapers opened fire on the politician.
4. to consult; to sound out
5. to brag; to talk big
6. to call; to invoke (e.g. a function)Computing
敲く: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
2. composition; text; writings
3. the literary arts (as opposed to the military arts); academia; literatureSee also 武
1. to stand up; to get up
2. to rise
3. to recover
4. to take action; to start
5. to make the initial chargeSumo
6. to start up; to boot upComputing
立上がる 【たちあがる】、起ち上がる 【たちあがる】、立ちあがる 【たちあがる】
1. to come out; to fall out; to be omitted; to be missing; to escape; to come loose
- ぬ 。
- One of my teeth came out.
2. to fade; to discolour
3. to wear a hole (e.g. clothes)
4. to leave (e.g. a meeting)
5. to be clear; to be transparent (e.g. of the sky)
6. to be stupid; to be absentminded; to be careless; to be inattentiveusu. as 抜けた or 抜けている
7. to exit (a program loop)Computing
8. to go through; to pass through; to give way; to collapse
- で 。
- We went through the woods and came to a lake.
9. to finish a round with more than 88 points (not counting points gained from scoring combinations)Hanafuda