Words — 12242 found
1. memory; recollection; remembrance
- I tried to call on my memories of that day.
2. memory; storageComputing
3. MemoryIn psychology, memory is the processes by which informati... Read more
1. order; command; decree; directive
- Ken told his dog to wait there.
2. (software) instruction; statementComputing
1. release; unleashing; liberation; emancipation; setting free
2. deallocation (of computer memory)Computing
3. EmancipationEmancipation is a broad term used to describe various eff... Read more
2. record of page visitors (e.g. in social networking sites)Computing
3. FootprintFootprints are the impressions or images left behind by a... Read more
足あと 【あしあと】、足跡 【そくせき】
- つめこ 。
- The gas was compressed into a gas cylinder.
2. condensing; shortening; summarizing
3. compression (of data)Computing, Antonym: 解凍
- Send it to me as a compressed file.
1. to fall; to drop; to come down; to crash; to collapse; to cave in; to give way
- Grandpa fell down the stairs and got a serious injury.
2. to set (of the sun or moon); to sink; to dip; to go down
3. to decrease (of popularity, quality, speed, sales, etc.); to fall; to drop; to go down; to decline; to deteriorate; to abate (of wind)
- お 。
- The scandal hurt the company's reputation.
4. to be inferior (to); to be not as good (as); to fall short (of)
- お 。
- As many as ten students failed the exam.
5. to come off (of dirt, paint, makeup, etc.); to come out (of a stain); to fade (of colour); to be removed (of an illness, possessing spirit, etc.)
6. to disappear (of excess fat); to become thinner; to become leaner
7. to be left out; to be omitted; to be missing
8. to fail (an exam); to lose (a contest, election, etc.); to be unsuccessful
- お 。
- This ink stain will not wash out.
9. to decline (of morals, character, etc.); to become vulgar (e.g. of a conversation); to stoop (to); to sink (so low)also written as 堕ちる
10. to be ruined; to go under; to fall (into hell)also written as 堕ちる
12. to fall (into someone's hands); to be accepted (of a bid); to be won (of a tender); to be honoured (of a bill)
13. to fall into (a trap); to fall for (a trick)
14. to give in
15. to confess; to own up
16. to come to (a conclusion, topic, etc.); to arrive at (in the end)
17. to leave (a city, castle, etc.); to (be defeated and) flee
19. to fall (to the enemy); to be defeated
20. to come in (of money)
21. to fall (upon; of light, a shadow, one's gaze, etc.)
22. to pass out (in judo); to fall unconscious
23. to go down (of a website, server, etc.); to crashComputing
24. to log out (of an online game, chat room, etc.); to drop out; to leave; to go offlineSlang
25. to move to deeper water (of a fish in cold weather)
26. to die (of an animal)
墜ちる 【おちる】、落る 【おちる】
落る: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to drop; to lose; to let fall; to shed (light); to cast (one's gaze); to pour in (liquid); to leave behind
- お 。
- He dropped a vase.
2. to clean off (dirt, makeup, paint, etc.); to remove (e.g. stains or facial hair); to lose; to spend money at a certain place; to omit; to leave out; to secretly let escape
- ぬ 、
- お 。
- Tony took off his shirt and cleaned the piano with it.
3. to lose (a match); to reject (an applicant); to fail (a course); to defeat (in an election)
- お 。
- Last year, he failed two of his final examinations.
4. to lower (e.g. shoulders or voice); to lessen (e.g. production or body weight); to worsen (quality); to reduce (e.g. rank or popularity); to speak badly of; to make light of; to fall into straitened circumstances
- お 、
- はしりこ 。「
- We sped into the narrow track, hardly dropping any speed. "It's a short cut!" "Oi! It's a footpath!!"
5. to fall into (e.g. a dilemma or sin); to make one's own; to have one's bid accepted; to force surrender; to take (e.g. an enemy camp or castle); to forcefully convince; to press for a confession; to deal with
6. to download; to copy from a computer to another mediumComputing
- Are there any knacks, or good sites, for downloading Japanese software?
7. to make someone swoon (judo)Martial arts
8. to finish a story (e.g. with the punch line)
9. to finish (a period, e.g. of fasting)
10. to win over; to seduce; to conquer (unwillingness)Colloquialism
1. destruction; disruption
- The typhoon destroyed many houses.
2. (application) crashComputing
3. SubversionSubversion refers to an attempt to transform the establis... Read more
1. surfaceAntonym: 裏
2. face (i.e. the visible side of an object)
- みわ 。
- I cannot tell which is the right side of this paper.
3. front (of a building, etc.); obverse side (i.e. "head") of a coin
- I don't understand the problem; I could make neither head nor tail of it.
4. outside; exterior
- けんとう 。
- I don't know what kind of creature is making such a terrible noise outside tonight.
- あらわ 。
- An inner defect never fails to express itself outwardly.
7. first half (of an inning); top (of an inning)Baseball, Antonym: 裏 うら
8. cover (for tatami mats, etc.)
10. Omotesenke school of tea ceremonyAbbreviation, See also 表千家
1. establishment; creation; posing (a problem); setting (movie, novel, etc.); scene
- ふく 。
- The stated price does not include labor charges.
2. options setting; preference settings; configuration; setupComputing
- For code-type locks that don't need a key, there are 'free dial' systems where you can set any number you like, and fixed types where the number is set in advance.
1. to open; to undo; to unseal; to unpack
- せんしゅう 、
- ひら 。
- We gave a ball last week.
2. to bloom; to unfold; to spread out
- はじ 。
- Little by little, the buds on the rosebush in my garden begin to open.
3. to open (for business, e.g. in the morning)
4. to be wide (gap, etc.); to widen
5. to hold (meeting, party, etc.); to give; to open
6. to found (nation, dynasty, sect, etc.); to open (a new business); to set up; to establish; to start
7. to open (ports, borders, etc.)
8. to open (an account)
9. to open up (new land, path, etc.); to clear; to developSee also 拓く
10. to open (a file, etc.)Computing
11. to extract (root); to reduce (equation)Mathematics
12. to cut open (fish)Food, cooking, as 魚を開く
13. to change (kanji into hiragana)
14. to flare (e.g. skirt)
15. to slacken (into a poor posture)Sports, as 体が開く, 肩が開く, etc.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. component; factor; item (e.g. in list)
2. element (e.g. in array); member (e.g. data structure)Computing
1. preservation; conservation; storage; maintenance
- We should preserve the beauties of the countryside.
2. saving (e.g. to disk)Computing
- Save it on the external hard drive.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. publication (of a newspaper, magazine, book, etc.); issue
- This local newspaper is published once a week.
2. issue (of banknotes, bonds, passport, etc.)
- New stamps will be issued next month.
3. raising (an event)Computing
1. to give (esp. to someone of lower status); to bestow; to grant; to confer; to present; to award
- A man can receive only what is given to him from heaven.
2. to provide; to afford; to offer; to supply
3. to assign
4. to cause
5. to pass (a variable to a function)Computing
1. to strike; to hit; to beat; to knock; to pound; to bang; to slap; to spank; to tap; to pat; to clap (one's hands); to play (the drums)
- A stranger beat urgently at the front door.
2. to attack; to bash; to criticize; to censure; to flame (on the Internet)
- The newspapers opened fire on the politician.
3. to sound out (someone's views)
4. to pound (meat or fish); to chop into small pieces
5. to beat down the price
6. to talk (big, bad, idly, etc.)as ...口を叩く
7. to call; to invoke (e.g. a function)Computing
敲く: Rarely-used kanji form.
2. composition; text; writings
3. the literary arts (as opposed to the military arts); academia; literatureSee also 武
1. to stand up; to get up
2. to rise
3. to recover
4. to take action; to start
5. to make the initial chargeSumo
6. to start up; to boot upComputing
立上がる 【たちあがる】、起ち上がる 【たちあがる】、立ちあがる 【たちあがる】