Words — 12134 found
1. order; command; decree; directive
- Ken told his dog to wait there.
2. (software) instruction; statementComputer terminology
1. release; unleashing; liberation; emancipation; setting free
2. deallocation (of computer memory)Computer terminology
3. EmancipationEmancipation is a broad term used to describe various eff... Read more
2. record of page visitors (e.g. in social networking sites)Computer terminology
3. FootprintFootprints are the impressions or images left behind by a... Read more
足あと 【あしあと】、足跡 【そくせき】
1. vague; ambiguous; unclear
- おお 。
- That law is full of ambiguities.
2. fuzzyMathematics, Computer terminology
3. AmbiguityAmbiguity of information, in words, pictures, or other me... Read more
1. waste; scrap; garbage; dregsUsually written using kana alone
- Rap is crap.
2. scum; piece of trash; loserUsually written using kana alone
3. KudzuKudzu is a plant in the genus Pueraria in the pea family ... Read more
1. to fall down; to drop; to fall (e.g. rain); to sink (e.g. sun or moon); to fall onto (e.g. light or one's gaze); to be used in a certain place (e.g. money)
- Grandpa fell down the stairs and got a serious injury.
2. to be omitted; to be missing
- お 。
- As many as ten students failed the exam.
3. to decrease; to sink
- お 。
- The scandal hurt the company's reputation.
4. to fail (e.g. exam or class); to lose (contest, election, etc.)
- お 。
- This ink stain will not wash out.
5. to crash; to degenerate; to degrade; to fall behind
6. to become indecent (of a conversation)
7. to be ruined; to go under
8. to fade; to come out (e.g. a stain); to come off (e.g. makeup); to be removed (e.g. illness, possessing spirit, name on a list)See also 狐が落ちる きつねがおちる
9. to fall (into someone's hands); to become someone's possession
10. to fall (into a trap); to fall (for a trick)
11. to give in; to give up; to confess; to flee
12. to fall; to be defeated; to surrender
13. to come to (in the end); to end in
15. to swoon (judo)
16. to consent; to understandSee also 腑に落ちない ふにおちない
17. to go down (of a website, server, etc.); to crashComputer terminology
18. to log out (of an online game, chat room, etc.); to drop out; to leave; to go offlineSlang
19. to dieof animals
20. to move to the depthsof fish when it gets cold
21. to go down (of a website, server, etc.)Computer terminology
堕ちる 【おちる】、墜ちる 【おちる】、落る 【おちる】
落る: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to drop; to lose; to let fall; to shed (light); to cast (one's gaze); to pour in (liquid); to leave behind
- Have I missed anything so far?
2. to clean off (dirt, makeup, paint, etc.); to remove (e.g. stains or facial hair); to lose; to spend money at a certain place; to omit; to leave out; to secretly let escape
- I couldn't scrub the stain out.
3. to lose (a match); to reject (an applicant); to fail (a course); to defeat (in an election)
- Are there any knacks, or good sites, for downloading Japanese software?
4. to lower (e.g. shoulders or voice); to lessen (e.g. production or body weight); to worsen (quality); to reduce (e.g. rank or popularity); to speak badly of; to make light of; to fall into straitened circumstances
5. to fall into (e.g. a dilemma or sin); to make one's own; to have one's bid accepted; to force surrender; to take (e.g. an enemy camp or castle); to forcefully convince; to press for a confession; to deal with
6. to download; to copy from a computer to another mediumComputer terminology
7. to make someone swoon (judo)Martial arts term
8. to finish a story (e.g. with the punch line)
9. to finish (a period, e.g. of fasting)
1. destruction; disruption
- The typhoon destroyed many houses.
2. (application) crashComputer terminology
3. SubversionSubversion refers to an attempt to transform the establis... Read more
1. surfaceAntonym: 裏
2. face (i.e. the visible side of an object)
- みわ 。
- I cannot tell which is the right side of this paper.
3. front (of a building, etc.); obverse side (i.e. "head") of a coin
- I don't understand the problem; I could make neither head nor tail of it.
4. outside; exterior
- けんとう 。
- I don't know what kind of creature is making such a terrible noise outside tonight.
- あらわ 。
- An inner defect never fails to express itself outwardly.
7. first half (of an inning); top (of an inning)Baseball term, Antonym: 裏 うら
8. cover (for tatami mats, etc.)
9. foregroundComputer terminology
1. establishment; creation; posing (a problem); setting (movie, novel, etc.); scene
- ふく 。
- The stated price does not include labor charges.
2. options setting; preference settings; configuration; setupComputer terminology
- For code type locks that don't need a key there are 'free dial' systems where you can set any number you like and fixed types where the number is set in advance.
1. to open; to undo; to unseal; to unpack
- せんしゅう 、
- ひら 。
- We gave a ball last week.
2. to bloom; to unfold; to spread out
- はじ 。
- Little by little, the buds on the rosebush in my garden begin to open.
3. to open (for business, e.g. in the morning)
4. to be wide (gap, etc.); to widen
5. to hold (meeting, etc.); to give; to open
6. to found (nation, dynasty, sect, etc.); to open (a new business); to set up; to establish; to start
7. to open (ports, borders, etc.)
8. to open (an account)
9. to open up (new land, path, etc.); to clear; to developSee also 拓く
10. to open (a file, etc.)Computer terminology
11. to extract (root); to reduce (equation)Mathematics
12. to cut open (fish)Food term, as 魚を開く
13. to change (kanji into hiragana)
14. to flare (e.g. skirt)
15. to slacken (into a poor posture)Sports term, as 体が開く, 肩が開く, etc.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. component; factor; item (e.g. in list)
2. element (e.g. in array); member (e.g. data structure)Computer terminology
1. preservation; conservation; storage; maintenance
- We should preserve the beauties of the countryside.
2. saving (e.g. to disk)Computer terminology
- Save it on the external hard drive.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. publication; issue (of journal, newspaper, etc.)
- This local newspaper is published once a week.
2. issue (of banknotes, bonds, passport, etc.)
- New stamps will be issued next month.
3. raising an event (software)Computer terminology
1. to give (esp. to someone of lower status); to bestow; to grant; to confer; to present; to award
- A man can receive only what is given to him from heaven.
2. to provide; to afford; to offer; to supply
3. to assign
4. to cause
5. to pass (a variable to a function)Computer terminology
1. to strike; to clap; to knock; to beat; to tap; to pat
- An ugly man knocked on my door.
2. to play drums
3. to abuse; to bash; to flame (e.g. on the Internet); to insult
- The newspapers opened fire on the politician.
4. to consult; to sound out
5. to brag; to talk big
6. to call; to invoke (e.g. a function)Computer terminology
敲く: Out-dated kanji.
2. composition; text; writings
3. the literary arts (as opposed to the military arts); academia; literatureSee also 武
4. statementComputer terminology
1. to stand up; to get up
2. to rise
3. to recover
4. to take action; to start
5. to make the initial chargeSumo term
6. to start up; to boot upComputer terminology
立上がる 【たちあがる】、起ち上がる 【たちあがる】、立ちあがる 【たちあがる】
1. to come out; to fall out; to be omitted; to be missing; to escape; to come loose
- I'm just a creature of habit, I guess.
2. to fade; to discolour
3. to wear a hole (e.g. clothes)
4. to leave (e.g. a meeting)
5. to be clear; to be transparent (e.g. of the sky)
6. to be stupid; to be absentminded; to be careless; to be inattentiveusu. as 抜けた or 抜けている
7. to exit (a program loop)Computer terminology
8. to go through; to pass through; to give way; to collapse