Words — 210 found
1. to descend (e.g. a mountain); to go down; to come downesp. 下りる
- The professional skier liked to "hot-dog" down the mountain.
2. to alight (e.g. from bus); to get off; to disembark; to dismountesp. 降りる
- Let's get off here.
3. to step down; to retire; to give up; to quit; to fold
4. to be granted; to be issued; to be givenesp. 下りる
5. to form (of frost, dew, mist, etc.)esp. 降りる
- お 。
- The dew fell this morning.
6. to be passed (from the body; e.g. of a roundworm)See also 下り物, esp. 下りる
1. to fall (of rain, snow, ash, etc.); to come down
2. to form (of frost)
3. to beam down (of sunlight or moonlight); to pour in
4. to visit (of luck, misfortune, etc.); to come; to arrive
1. to take down; to bring down; to lower (a hand, flag, shutter, etc.); to drop (an anchor, curtain, etc.); to let down (hair); to launch (a boat)
- Can you bring down my trunk from upstairs?
2. to drop off (a passenger); to let off; to unload (goods, a truck, etc.); to offload; to dischargeesp. 降ろす
- Please let me off on this side of that traffic light.
3. to withdraw (money)
- Please draw a hundred thousand yen from the bank.
4. to use for the first time; to wear for the first time
5. to cut off; to fillet (fish); to grate (e.g. radish); to prune (branches)
6. to remove (someone from a position); to oust; to dropesp. 降ろす
7. to clear (the table); to remove (offerings from an altar); to pass down (e.g. old clothes); to hand down
8. to expel from the body (e.g. worms); to abort (a fetus)See also 堕ろす
9. to invoke (a spirit); to call down
降ろす 【おろす】、下す 【おろす】
下す: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to descend; to go down; to come down
- There is a school down the mountain.
2. to be handed down (of an order, judgment, etc.)
- くだ 。
- He was given ten years and his wife three.
3. to pass (of time)
4. to surrender; to capitulate
5. to be less than; to be inferior tooften in neg. form
6. to have the runs; to have diarrheaSee also 腹が下る, also written as 瀉る
7. to pass (in stool); to be discharged from the body
8. to depreciate oneself; to be humbleArchaism
1. on and after; from ... onward; since
已降: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. surrender; capitulation; submission
3. Surrender (military)Surrender is when soldiers, naval craft, nations or other... Read more
降服: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. speckled with white; salt-and-pepper (pattern, fabric, etc.)
2. marbling (of beef)See also 霜降り肉
3. (of fish, chicken, shellfish, etc.) blanching by exposure to boiling and then icy waterAbbreviation, See also 霜降り作り
- In Japan beef has a high degree of marbled fat.
4. formation of frostorig. meaning
5. Shuangjiang (solar term)Date and Time year begin end 辛巳 2001-10-23 08:25 2001-11-... Read more
1. to make a decision; to draw a conclusion
- The question is who will make the decision.
2. to give a judgement; to hand down a verdict; to pass a sentence; to give an order
- The verdict at issue in these discussions is the one brought in the Lander's trial in 1994.
3. to let go down; to lower
4. to do oneself; to do by oneselfSee also 手を下す
- な 。
- There's nothing to be done about it.
5. to beat; to defeat
6. to have loose bowels; to have diarrhea
7. to pass (in stool); to discharge from the body
8. to do in one go; to do to the end without stoppingafter -masu stem of verb
1. surrender; submission; capitulation
- The pirates had no choice but to surrender.
2. being defeated (e.g. by a problem); giving up; giving in
1. rainfall; rainy weather
2. rainy; wet
- あさ 、
- One rainy morning I woke up to find myself famous.
1. to jump down; to jump off; to jump from; to jump out of
飛び降りる 【とびおりる】、跳び降りる 【とびおりる】、飛降りる 【とびおりる】
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. rainfall; precipitation
2. Precipitation (meteorology)In meteorology, precipitation (also known as one of the c... Read more
1. downpour; pouring rain; heavy rain; pelting rain; cloudburst
どしゃ降り 【どしゃぶり】、ドシャ降り 【ドシャぶり】