Words — 422 found
1. meaning; significance; sense
2. Meaning (linguistics)In linguistics, meaning is what the source or sender expr... Read more
1. hobby; pastime
2. tastes; preference; liking
3. HobbyA hobby is a regular activity or interest that is underta... Read more
1. miso; fermented condiment usu. made from soybeansFood, cooking
2. innards (from crabs, shrimps, etc.) resembling miso
3. key (main) point; good part (of something)See also 手前味噌 てまえみそ
- The good thing about this electronic dictionary is that it's easy to carry.
5. tryUsually written using kana alone, Slang, Jocular, humorous term, See also 見る, imperative; after the -te form of a verb; pun on 見ろ
6. Misois a traditional Japanese seasoning produced by fermentin... Read more
1. delicious; tasty; sweetUsually written using kana alone
2. attractive; appealing; convenient; favorable; desirable; profitableUsually written using kana alone
1. bad (taste); unpalatable; unsavoury; unsavory; awful; terrible; unpleasantUsually written using kana alone
- Hunger is the best sauce.
2. poor; unskillful; unskilful; bungling; clumsyUsually written using kana alone, See also 拙い
- His handwriting is very poor, I cannot make head or tail of it.
3. ugly; unattractive; homely; plainUsually written using kana alone
4. awkward; problematic; troublesome; unfavorable; unfavourable; unwiseUsually written using kana alone, See also 気不味い
- Oh, no! We're running out of gas.
1. interest (in something); curiosity (about something); zest (for)
1. flavor; flavour; taste
2. charm; appeal; uniqueness; attractiveness
3. experience; taste (e.g. of victory)
4. smart; clever; witty; strangeSee also 味な
1. taste; palate; sense of taste
2. TasteTaste is one of the traditional five senses. It refers to... Read more
1. shamisen; samisen; three-stringed Japanese lute
2. ShamisenThe shamisen or samisen, also called sangen is a three-st... Read more
1. friend; ally; supporterAntonym: 敵 てき
2. taking sides with; supporting; standing by; backing up
身方 【みかた】、御方 【みかた】
身方: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 御方: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. skillful; skilful; clever; expert; wise; successfulUsually written using kana alone, esp. 上手い,巧い
- She's very good at tennis, but she's not much of a swimmer.
2. delicious; appetizing; appetising; tastyUsually written using kana alone, esp. 旨い,美味い,甘い
- That place's food is great, and their prices are good, but the fly in the ointment is their terrible location.
3. fortunate; splendid; promisingUsually written using kana alone, esp. 旨い
- That's too good a story to be true.
美味い 【うまい】、旨い 【うまい】、巧い 【うまい】、甘い 【うまい】、美い 【うまい】
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. contents; interior; substance; filling; (sword) blade
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. plain; simple; subdued; sober
- For my tastes, I'd prefer plainer, or rather, more tasteful clothing.
2. reserved (behaviour, attitude, etc.); modest; quiet; unobtrusive
- この 。
- She favors quiet colors.
3. quite; a (little) bitColloquialism, as 地味に
1. to taste; to savor; to savour; to relish
2. to appreciate; to enjoy; to relish; to digest
3. to experience; to go through; to taste (e.g. victory); to know (e.g. pain)
1. flavour; flavor; taste
- This liquor has a taste all of its own.
2. charm; appeal; interest; meaning; significance
1. close examination; careful investigation; close inspection; careful selection; inquiry; enquiry; scrutiny; testing
2. investigation of a crime; inquiry into someone's guiltDated term
3. winner (of the most rounds, i.e. a full game)Hanafuda, Abbreviation, See also 吟味役
4. reciting and appreciating traditional poetryArchaism, orig. meaning
1. miso soup
2. Miso soupMiso soup is a traditional Japanese soup consisting of a ... Read more
1. sweetener (sugar, honey, saccharin, maltose, etc.); sweetening agent; sweetening
2. Sugar substituteA sugar substitute is a food additive that duplicates the... Read more