1. bad (taste); unpalatable; unsavoury; unsavory; awful; terrible; unpleasantUsually written using kana alone
- Hunger is the best sauce.
2. poor; unskillful; unskilful; bungling; clumsyUsually written using kana alone, See also 拙い
- His handwriting is very poor, I cannot make head or tail of it.
3. ugly; unattractive; homely; plainUsually written using kana alone
4. awkward; problematic; troublesome; unfavorable; unfavourable; unwiseUsually written using kana alone, See also 気不味い
- Oh, no! We're running out of gas.
Log in to talk about this word.