Words — 562 found
1. teacher; instructor; master
- Our teacher is a gentleman in the true sense of the word.
2. Sensei; title or form of address for a teacher, master, doctor, lawyer, etc.Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
- I had my composition corrected by Mr Jones.
3. intimate or teasing form of addressFamiliar language, Jocular, humorous term
4. one's elderArchaism, orig. meaning
5. SenseiSensei is a Japanese word that is literally translated as... Read more
1. last week; the week before
1. previous; prior; former; first; earlier; some time ago; preceding
- This was he of whom I said, "He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me."
2. point (e.g. pencil); tip; end; nozzle
- か 。
- I can't write with this dull pencil.
3. head (of a line); front
4. ahead; the other side
- い 。
- You cannot go any farther.
5. the future; hereafter
- み 。
- We could see the summit of a mountain twenty miles away.
- And so it seems she tried phoning but it's who was on the other end of that phone that was the problem.
7. the other party
前 【さき】、先き 【さき】
先き: Irregular okurigana usage.
2. AncestorThis article is about the concept of ancestry. For the we... Read more
1. the other day; a few days ago
1. first (of all); firstly; to start with; above allUsually written using kana alone
- First of all, I have to call on Jim.
2. probably; almost (certainly); hardly; practically; more or lessUsually written using kana alone
- That team has little, if any, chance of winning.
3. anyway; at any rate; for now (at least); for the time beingUsually written using kana alone
1. head; lead; vanguard; first
1. the head; the foremost; beginning; the very front
まっ先 【まっさき】、真先 【まっさき】
真先: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. pointed end; tip; point; cusp (of a leaf, crescent moon, etc.); apex (of a curve)
2. forefront; vanguard; spearhead; leading edge
1. a short while ago; a moment ago; just now; some time ago
1. for now; for the time being; for the presentUsually written using kana alone
2. though not quite satisfactorily; after a fashionUsually written using kana alone
一先 【ひとまず】、一まず 【ひとまず】、ひと先ず 【ひとまず】、一と先ず 【ひとまず】
1. preference; priority; precedence
1. preceding; going first; leading; going ahead; taking priority
1. inborn; innate; inherent; congenital; hereditary
2. a prioriSee also アプリオリ
1. the other day; some time ago; recently
2. prior to; in advance ofOnly applies to さきだって, See also 先立つ さきだつ
先達て 【せんだって】、先だって 【さきだって】、先達て 【さきだって】、先立って 【さきだって】
Common word Links
1. advanced (developed) country; advanced nations
2. Developed countryA developed country or "more developed country" (MDC), is... Read more