Words — 586 found
1. teacher; instructor; master
- Our teacher is a gentleman in the true sense of the word.
2. sensei; title or form of address for a teacher, master, doctor, lawyer, etc.Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language
- I had my composition corrected by Mr Jones.
3. intimate or teasing form of addressFamiliar language, Jocular, humorous term
4. one's elderArchaism, orig. meaning
5. SenseiSensei is a Japanese word that is literally translated as... Read more
1. last week; the week before
1. point; tip; end; nozzle
- The point of the pencil has become dull.
2. head (of a line); front
3. first; before; ahead (of)
- でてい 。
- The taller of the two men went out first.
4. (the way) ahead; beyond
- い 。
- You cannot go any farther.
- You never can tell what'll happen in the future.
6. previous; prior; former; recent; last
- And so it seems she tried phoning but it's who was on the other end of that phone that was the problem.
8. rest (e.g. of a story); continuation; remaining part
- I'd like to know the rest of the story.
9. the other party
前 【さき】、先き 【さき】
先き: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. ancestor; forefather; foremother
2. AncestorThis article is about the concept of ancestry. For the we... Read more
1. the other day; a few days ago
1. first (of all); firstly; to begin with; before anything elseUsually written using kana alone
- First of all, I have to call on Jim.
2. probably; most likely; almost certainly; virtuallyUsually written using kana alone
- That team has little, if any, chance of winning.
3. more or less (satisfactory); on the whole; reasonablyUsually written using kana alone
4. anyway; at any rate; for now (at least); for the time beingUsually written using kana alone
1. head (of a line, group, etc.); front; lead; forefront; vanguard
1. the head; the foremost; beginning; the very front
まっ先 【まっさき】、真先 【まっさき】
真先: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. pointed end; tip; point; cusp (of a leaf, crescent moon, etc.); apex (of a curve)
2. forefront; vanguard; spearhead; leading edge
1. a short while ago; a moment ago; just now; some time ago
1. for now; for the time being; for the presentUsually written using kana alone
2. though not quite satisfactorily; after a fashionUsually written using kana alone
一先 【ひとまず】、一まず 【ひとまず】、ひと先ず 【ひとまず】、一と先ず 【ひとまず】
1. before; previouslyPolite (teineigo) language
- After you.
2. aheadPolite (teineigo) language
- おさき ！
- Go ahead!
3. pardon me for leaving (before you)Abbreviation, Polite (teineigo) language, See also お先に失礼します
1. preference; priority; precedence
1. going ahead; going first
2. preceding; coming before; being ahead (e.g. of the times); occurring first; happening prior
- The flash of lightning precedes the sound of thunder.
3. scoring first; getting off to a leadSports
4. stalkerHorse racing
1. inborn; innate; inherent; congenital; hereditary
2. a prioriSee also アプリオリ