Words — 98 found
1. point; tip; end; nozzle
- The point of the pencil has become dull.
2. head (of a line); front
3. first; before; ahead (of)
- でてい 。
- The taller of the two men went out first.
4. (the way) ahead; beyond
- い 。
- You cannot go any farther.
- You never can tell what'll happen in the future.
6. previous; prior; former; recent; last
- And so it seems she tried phoning but it's who was on the other end of that phone that was the problem.
8. rest (e.g. of a story); continuation; remaining part
- I'd like to know the rest of the story.
9. the other party
前 【さき】、先き 【さき】
先き: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. a short while ago; a moment ago; just now; some time ago
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. previously; before; earlier; formerly; recently
2. first; before (something or someone else); ahead (of); earlier
- I'll get there before you will.
3. beforehand; in advance; ahead of time
- も 。
- The information was given away to the newspaper prior to the announcement.
1. other party; other side
- Your party is on the line.
2. ahead; in frontOnly applies to せんぽう
3. destinationOnly applies to せんぽう
1. pioneer; leader; taking the initiative; forerunner; harbinger; herald
2. leading an attack; charging ahead of others (towards the enemy)
魁 【さきがけ】、先駈け 【さきがけ】
先駈け: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. distant future; inevitable future
2. places one goes to
- He was welcomed wherever he went.
1. recently; the other day
先ごろ 【さきごろ】、先頃 【せんころ】
1. to lead; to take the lead (in doing something)
- さきだ 、
- The purpose of the meeting is to make a plan for a new product prior to the Product Development Meeting in January.
2. to precede; to go before; to take precedence
- さきだ 。
- Pride comes before a fall.
3. to die before (esp. one's spouse, parents, etc.)
- さきだ 。
- Mr Smith was bereaved of his wife.
4. to be a prerequisite
1. going on ahead; forestalling; anticipating; arrival before another
1. futures tradingFinance
2. Futures contractIn finance, a futures contract is a standardized contract... Read more
1. uncertainty about the future; concern about future prospects
- That outfit is running a fly-by-night operation.
1. receiving in advance (e.g. wages, interest); taking before others
2. anticipation; being ahead of (e.g. the times)
4. anticipatory completion (i.e. finishing another's sentence)Linguistics
先どり 【さきどり】、先取 【さきどり】
先取: Irregular okurigana usage.