Words — 93 found
1. previous; prior; former; first; earlier; some time ago; preceding
- This was he of whom I said, "He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me."
2. point (e.g. pencil); tip; end; nozzle
- I can't write with this dull pencil.
3. head (of a line); front
4. ahead; the other side
- い 。
- You cannot go any farther.
5. the future; hereafter
- み 。
- We could see the summit of a mountain twenty miles away.
- And so it seems she tried phoning but it's who was on the other end of that phone that was the problem.
7. the other party
前 【さき】、先き 【さき】
先き: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. a short while ago; a moment ago; just now; some time ago
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. before; earlier than; first; ahead; beyond; away; previously; recently
1. other party; other side
- Your party is on the line.
2. ahead; in frontOnly applies to せんぽう
3. destinationOnly applies to せんぽう
1. pioneer; leader; taking the initiative; forerunner; harbinger; herald
2. leading an attack; charging ahead of others (towards the enemy)
先駈け 【さきがけ】、魁 【さきがけ】
1. distant future; inevitable future
2. places one goes to
- He was welcomed wherever he went.
1. recently; the other day
先ごろ 【さきごろ】、先頃 【せんころ】
1. to lead; to take the lead (in doing something)
- さきだ 、
- The purpose of the meeting is to make a plan for a new product prior to the Product Development Meeting in January.
2. to precede; to go before; to take precedence
- さきだ 。
- Pride comes before a fall.
3. to die before (esp. one's spouse, parents, etc.)
- さきだ 。
- Mr Smith was bereaved of his wife.
4. to be a prerequisite
1. going on ahead; forestalling; anticipating; arrival before another
1. futures transaction; forward trading
2. Futures contractIn finance, a futures contract is a standardized contract... Read more
1. uncertainty about the future; concern about future prospects
- That outfit is running a fly-by-night operation.
1. receiving in advance; taking before others
2. prefetchComputer terminology
3. anticipatory completion; finishing another person's sentence in anticipation of what likely to be said nextlinguistics terminology
先どり 【さきどり】、先取 【さきどり】
先取: Irregular okurigana usage.