Words — 2955 found
Common word Links
1. to; towards; forindicates direction or goal; pronounced え in modern Japanese
2. He (kana)へ, in hiragana, or ヘ in katakana, is one of the Japanese ... Read more
1. surrounding areaArchaism, Only applies to へ, Only applies to べ
2. shore (of the sea)Only applies to へ, Only applies to べ
3. suffix used as a rough indicator of location, direction, time, etc.esp. え,べ
辺 【べ】、辺 【え】、方 【へ】、方 【べ】、方 【え】
1. 6th in a sequence denoted by the iroha system; 6th note in the diatonic scale (used in key names, etc.)
1. wind; gas; fartUsually written using kana alone, usually 屁 is へ, and おなら is in kana
2. something worthless; something not worth consideringOnly applies to へ
3. FlatulenceFlatulence is the expulsion through the rectum of a mixtu... Read more
1. area; vicinity; region
2. side; edgeMathematics
- A square has four sides.
4. Edge (geometry)In geometry, an edge is a line segment joining two adjace... Read more
1. wall; partition
- The man dashed the bottle against the wall.
2. barrier; obstaclefiguratively
4. WallA wall is a vertical structure, usually solid, that defin... Read more
1. peace; harmony
2. PeacePeace is a state of harmony characterized by the lack of ... Read more
1. average; mean
- What is the average height of the players?
2. balance; equilibrium
3. AverageIn mathematics, an average is a measure of the "middle" o... Read more
へいぎん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. unskillful; poor; awkwardAntonym: 上手 じょうず
- He comes from England, but is very poor at English.
2. imprudent; untactful
- Take care not to make a foolish move.
1. going side-by-side; going abreast
2. running concurrently; occurring at the same time; keeping pace with
3. Parallel (geometry)Parallelism is a term in geometry that refers to a proper... Read more
1. weekday; ordinary days (i.e. non-holiday)
- You have to pay 10,000 yen extra on holidays.
2. kanji radical 73Only applies to ひらび
3. WeekdayA weekday is any day of the week except Sunday and often ... Read more
1. editing; compilation
2. EditingEditing is the process of selecting and preparing written... Read more
編修 【へんしゅう】、編輯 【へんしゅう】
1. reply; answer; response
1. strange; odd; peculiar; weird; curious; queer; eccentric; funny; suspicious; fishy
- The orange left a strange taste in my mouth.
4. incident; disturbance; disaster; accident
5. flatMusic term, See also 変ロ短調
變: Out-dated kanji.
1. prejudice; bias; distorted view
2. PrejudiceThe word prejudice is most often used to refer to preconc... Read more
1. arms; weapon; ordnance
2. Conventional weaponThe terms conventional weapons or conventional arms gener... Read more
1. change; variation; alteration; mutation; transition; transformation; transfiguration; metamorphosis
- おこ 。
- Like other changes, this change in attitude has occurred in other countries, too.
2. variety; diversity
- と 。
- The mountains in this part of the country are full of variety.
3. inflection; declension; conjugationlinguistics terminology
- Can you conjugate this verb?
4. sidesteppingSumo term
1. change; modification; alteration; revision; amendment
1. habit (often a bad habit, i.e. vice); tendency
2. peculiarity; idiosyncrasy; mannerism
3. crease; wrinkle; curl; kink