Words — 191 found
1. change in pronunciation or meaning of a word; sound change; word with an altered pronunciation or meaningLinguistics
2. turning or twisting part of a text (in Chinese poetry)Abbreviation, See also 転句 てんく
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. moving from place to place; being passed around repeatedly
- They were transferred from one office to another.
2. rolling about
3. Adrift in TokyoAdrift in Tokyo (Japanese title 転々, tenten) is a 2007 Jap... Read more
1. job transfer; job relocation; intra-company transfer
2. Job migrationJob migration is a term that has gained widespread use in... Read more
1. to fall down; to fall over
2. to turn out; to play outOnly applies to ころぶ, oft. as どう転んでも
3. to abandon Christianity (and convert to Buddhism); to apostatizeOnly applies to ころぶ, in early Japanese Christianity
4. to roll; to tumbleSee also ころがる
5. (for a geisha) to prostitute (herself) in secretArchaism
1. to roll; to tumble
2. to fall over; to roll over
3. to lie down
4. to be scattered about; to be lying around
5. (of a situation or outcome) to change; to turn out
6. to come easily; to be common; to fall into one's hands; to grow on trees
1. to roll; to wheel; to trundle; to drive (a car)
2. to turn over; to tip over; to throw down
3. to leave
4. to buy and sell (quickly for a profit)
1. fall; tumble; spill; plunge; dive
2. fall (in position, standing, etc.); downfall; descent; degradation; comedown; demotion
顛落: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to turn; to shift; to alter; to distract
1. conversion; diversion; changeover; commutation; switchover
1. conversion; shift; about-face; switch
2. Tenkōis a Japanese term referring to the ideological reversal ... Read more
1. transfer; redirection; transmission; forwarding (telephone call, e-mail, etc.)
2. Transmit (FTP client)Transmit is an FTP client for Mac OS X and Mac OS Classic... Read more
1. overturning; capsizing
- Due to a lack of balance the ship turned over.
2. overthrow (e.g. of a government)
顛覆 【てんぷく】、顚覆 【てんぷく】
顛覆: Rarely-used kanji form. 顚覆: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. falling down; tumbling; overturning; turning over
- No less than 3 men fell in that race.
2. reversing; inverting; inversion
- Don't put the cart before the horse.
3. getting upset
1. imputation; shifting (blame, responsibility, etc.); passing the buck
2. second marriage; remarriage