Words — 68 found
1. talk; speech; chat; conversationOnly applies to 話, Only applies to 話し
- Don't throw a wet blanket over our conversation.
2. topic; subject
- He dwelt on an unpleasant subject for two hours.
3. discussions; negotiation; argumentOnly applies to 話, Only applies to 話し
- After three hours of discussion we got nowhere.
4. rumor; talk; hearsay
- They say we are going to have a severe winter.
5. tale; story; fable
- I was lost in Sir Anthony's wonderful story.
6. circumstances; particulars
- I want a full report though.
話し 【はなし】、咄 【はなし】、噺 【はなし】
話し: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. topic; subject
2. Topic–commentIn linguistics, the topic (or theme) of a sentence is oft... Read more
1. to talk; to speak; to converse; to chat
- はな 。
- John talked with his customer on the phone.
2. to tell; to explain; to narrate; to mention; to describe; to discuss
- Please tell me about your hobbies.
3. to speak (a language)
- はな 。
- English is spoken in Canada.
1. to discuss; to talk together
話しあう 【はなしあう】、話合う 【はなしあう】
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. discussion; talk; tête-à-tête; conference
1. to address (someone); to accost a person; to talk (to someone)
2. to begin to talk; to start a conversation
Common word Links
1. spoken language; colloquial expressionSee also 書き言葉
話しことば 【はなしことば】、話言葉 【はなしことば】
1. person with whom to speak; someone to talk to; companion; advisor; adviser
1. to be able to speak; to be able to talkSee also 話す
- In another six months you will be able to speak German fluently.
2. to be understanding; to be sensible
- She has good sense.
1. talkative person; gossip
話好き 【はなしずき】、話好 【はなしずき】
話好: Irregular okurigana usage.