Words — 35 found
1. slip; omission
2. outcome; final result; the end
- If you go on drinking so much, you may well end up an alcoholic.
3. punch line (of a joke)Usually written using kana alone, often オチ
- If you don't get the punch line, I'm sorry.
4. Punch lineA punch line (or punchline) is the final part of a joke, ... Read more
落: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to fall down; to drop; to fall (e.g. rain); to sink (e.g. sun or moon); to fall onto (e.g. light or one's gaze); to be used in a certain place (e.g. money)
- Grandpa fell down the stairs and got a serious injury.
2. to be omitted; to be missing
- お 。
- As many as ten students failed the exam.
3. to decrease; to sink
- お 。
- The scandal hurt the company's reputation.
4. to fail (e.g. exam or class); to lose (contest, election, etc.)
- お 。
- This ink stain will not wash out.
5. to crash; to degenerate; to degrade; to fall behind
6. to become indecent (of a conversation)
7. to be ruined; to go under
8. to fade; to come out (e.g. a stain); to come off (e.g. makeup); to be removed (e.g. illness, possessing spirit, name on a list)See also 狐が落ちる きつねがおちる
9. to fall (into someone's hands); to become someone's possession
10. to fall (into a trap); to fall (for a trick)
11. to give in; to give up; to confess; to flee
12. to fall; to be defeated; to surrender
13. to come to (in the end); to end in
15. to swoon (judo)
16. to consent; to understandSee also 腑に落ちない ふにおちない
17. to go down (of a website, server, etc.); to crashComputer terminology
18. to log out (of an online game, chat room, etc.); to drop out; to leave; to go offlineSlang
19. to dieof animals
20. to move to the depthsof fish when it gets cold
21. to go down (of a website, server, etc.)Computer terminology
堕ちる 【おちる】、墜ちる 【おちる】、落る 【おちる】
落る: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to calm down; to compose oneself; to regain presence of mind
2. to calm down; to settle down; to die down; to become stable; to abate
3. to settle down (in a location, job, etc.); to settle in
4. to be settled; to be fixed; to have been reachedof an arrangement, conclusion, etc.
5. to harmonize with; to harmonise with; to match; to suit; to fit
6. to be unobtrusive; to be quiet; to be subduedSee also 落ち着いた おちついた, usu. used pronominally as 落ち着いた
落ちつく 【おちつく】、落着く 【おちつく】、落ち付く 【おちつく】、落付く 【おちつく】
1. to feel down; to feel sad; to be depressed; to be in low spirits
- I get depressed by the slightest things.
2. to be in a slump (business, economy, etc.); to be in an unfavourable condition
- おちこ 。
- Compared with the level of a year ago, the price is sharply lower.
3. to fall into (e.g. a hole)
落込む 【おちこむ】、落ちこむ 【おちこむ】
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. calmness; composure; presence of mind
2. stability; steadiness
落着き 【おちつき】、落ち付き 【おちつき】、落付き 【おちつき】
1. fallen leaves; leaf litter; falling leaves
2. leaf fall; dropping leaves; defoliationOnly applies to らくよう
3. deciduousOnly applies to らくよう
落葉 【おちば】、落葉 【らくよう】
1. mistake; error; fault; slip; blunder; omission; oversight; lapse
落度 【おちど】、越度 【おちど】
1. to fall into (e.g. a hole)
2. to fall into (chaos, depression, dilemma, illness, etc.)
3. to fall into (a trap, etc.)
4. to fall; to surrender; to capitulate
1. to meet; to meet up; to rendezvous; to get together
2. to join (of roads, rivers, etc.); to flow together
1. to be ruined (reduced to poverty); to fall low; to go under; to come to ruin
零落れる 【おちぶれる】、落魄れる 【おちぶれる】
1. quietly; calmly; comfortably; peacefullyUsually written using kana alone
1. to fall behind; to drop out
2. to drop; to fall; to spill; to scatter
1. fallen scraps; scatterings
2. leftovers; remainder; pickings; odds and ends
3. student who cannot keep up in school; dropout (from school, society, a movement, etc.)Colloquialism, Sensitive
4. Dropping out"College dropout" redirects here. For the album by Kanye ... Read more
1. calm; composed; cool
2. settled; fixed; established
3. unobtrusive; quiet; subdued; low-key (color)
1. gleaning (i.e. picking up crop left after harvesting)
2. The GleanersThe Gleaners (Des glaneuses) is an oil painting by Jean-F... Read more
1. to quiet; to calm down; to compose oneself; to settle down
落ちつける 【おちつける】、落着ける 【おちつける】、落ち付ける 【おちつける】、落付ける 【おちつける】