Words — 36 found
1. slip; omission
2. upshot; denouement; outcome; final result
- If you go on drinking so much, you may well end up an alcoholic.
3. punch line (of a joke)Usually written using kana alone, often オチ
- If you don't get the punch line, I'm sorry.
4. Punch lineA punch line (or punchline) is the final part of a joke, ... Read more
落: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to fall; to drop; to come down; to crash; to collapse; to cave in; to give way
- Grandpa fell down the stairs and got a serious injury.
2. to set (of the sun or moon); to sink; to dip; to go down
3. to decrease (of popularity, quality, speed, sales, etc.); to fall; to drop; to go down; to decline; to deteriorate; to abate (of wind)
- お 。
- The scandal hurt the company's reputation.
4. to be inferior (to); to be not as good (as); to fall short (of)
- お 。
- As many as ten students failed the exam.
5. to come off (of dirt, paint, makeup, etc.); to come out (of a stain); to fade (of colour); to be removed (of an illness, possessing spirit, etc.)
6. to disappear (of excess fat); to become thinner; to become leaner
7. to be left out; to be omitted; to be missing
8. to fail (an exam); to lose (a contest, election, etc.); to be unsuccessful
- お 。
- This ink stain will not wash out.
9. to decline (of morals, character, etc.); to become vulgar (e.g. of a conversation); to stoop (to); to sink (so low)also written as 堕ちる
10. to be ruined; to go under; to fall (into hell)also written as 堕ちる
12. to fall (into someone's hands); to be accepted (of a bid); to be won (of a tender); to be honoured (of a bill)
13. to fall into (a trap); to fall for (a trick)
14. to give in
15. to confess; to own up
16. to come to (a conclusion, topic, etc.); to arrive at (in the end)
17. to leave (a city, castle, etc.); to (be defeated and) flee
19. to fall (to the enemy); to be defeated
20. to come in (of money)
21. to fall (upon; of light, a shadow, one's gaze, etc.)
22. to pass out (in judo); to fall unconscious
23. to go down (of a website, server, etc.); to crashComputing
24. to log out (of an online game, chat room, etc.); to drop out; to leave; to go offlineSlang
25. to move to deeper water (of a fish in cold weather)
26. to die (of an animal)
墜ちる 【おちる】、落る 【おちる】
落る: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to calm down; to compose oneself; to regain presence of mind
2. to calm down; to settle down; to die down; to become stable; to abate
3. to settle down (in a location, job, etc.); to settle in
4. to be settled; to be fixed; to have been reachedof an arrangement, conclusion, etc.
5. to harmonize with; to harmonise with; to match; to suit; to fit
6. to be unobtrusive; to be quiet; to be subduedSee also 落ち着いた おちついた, usu. used pronominally as 落ち着いた
落ちつく 【おちつく】、落着く 【おちつく】、落ち付く 【おちつく】、落付く 【おちつく】
1. to feel down; to feel sad; to be depressed; to be in low spirits
- I get depressed by the slightest things.
2. to be in a slump (business, economy, etc.); to be in an unfavourable condition
- おちこ 。
- Compared with the level of a year ago, the price is sharply lower.
3. to fall into (e.g. a hole)
落込む 【おちこむ】、落ちこむ 【おちこむ】
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. calmness; composure; presence of mind
2. stability; steadiness
落着き 【おちつき】、落ち付き 【おちつき】、落付き 【おちつき】
1. fallen leaves; leaf litter; falling leaves
2. leaf fall; dropping leaves; defoliationOnly applies to らくよう
3. deciduousOnly applies to らくよう
落葉 【おちば】、落葉 【らくよう】
1. mistake; error; fault; slip; blunder; omission; oversight; lapse
落度 【おちど】、越度 【おちど】
越度: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to fall into (e.g. a hole)
2. to fall into (chaos, depression, dilemma, illness, etc.)
3. to fall into (a trap, etc.)
4. to fall; to surrender; to capitulate
1. to meet; to meet up; to rendezvous; to get together
2. to join (of roads, rivers, etc.); to flow together
1. to be ruined (reduced to poverty); to fall low; to go under; to come to ruin
零落れる 【おちぶれる】、落魄れる 【おちぶれる】
1. decline; downturn; drop; fall
2. (mental) depression; low spirits
1. quietly; calmly; comfortably; peacefullyUsually written using kana alone, Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
落ち落ち: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to fall behind; to drop out
2. to drop; to fall; to spill; to scatter
1. fallen scraps; scatterings
2. leftovers; remainder; pickings; odds and ends
3. student who cannot keep up in school; dropout (from school, society, a movement, etc.)Colloquialism, Sensitive
4. Dropping out"College dropout" redirects here. For the album by Kanye ... Read more
1. calm; composed; cool
2. settled; fixed; established
3. unobtrusive; quiet; subdued; low-key (color)
1. gleaning (i.e. picking up crop left after harvesting)
2. The GleanersThe Gleaners (Des glaneuses) is an oil painting by Jean-F... Read more
1. to quiet; to calm down; to compose oneself; to settle down
落ちつける 【おちつける】、落着ける 【おちつける】、落ち付ける 【おちつける】、落付ける 【おちつける】