Words — 1 found
1. to fall; to drop; to come down; to crash; to collapse; to cave in; to give way
- Grandpa fell down the stairs and got a serious injury.
2. to set (of the sun or moon); to sink; to dip; to go down
3. to decrease (of popularity, quality, speed, sales, etc.); to fall; to drop; to go down; to decline; to deteriorate; to abate (of wind)
- お 。
- The scandal hurt the company's reputation.
4. to be inferior (to); to be not as good (as); to fall short (of)
- お 。
- As many as ten students failed the exam.
5. to come off (of dirt, paint, makeup, etc.); to come out (of a stain); to fade (of colour); to be removed (of an illness, possessing spirit, etc.)
6. to disappear (of excess fat); to become thinner; to become leaner
7. to be left out; to be omitted; to be missing
8. to fail (an exam); to lose (a contest, election, etc.); to be unsuccessful
- お 。
- This ink stain will not wash out.
9. to decline (of morals, character, etc.); to become vulgar (e.g. of a conversation); to stoop (to); to sink (so low)also written as 堕ちる
10. to be ruined; to go under; to fall (into hell)also written as 堕ちる
12. to fall (into someone's hands); to be accepted (of a bid); to be won (of a tender); to be honoured (of a bill)
13. to fall into (a trap); to fall for (a trick)
14. to give in
15. to confess; to own up
16. to come to (a conclusion, topic, etc.); to arrive at (in the end)
17. to leave (a city, castle, etc.); to (be defeated and) flee
19. to fall (to the enemy); to be defeated
20. to come in (of money)
21. to fall (upon; of light, a shadow, one's gaze, etc.)
22. to pass out (in judo); to fall unconscious
23. to go down (of a website, server, etc.); to crashComputing
24. to log out (of an online game, chat room, etc.); to drop out; to leave; to go offlineSlang
25. to move to deeper water (of a fish in cold weather)
26. to die (of an animal)
墜ちる 【おちる】、落る 【おちる】
落る: Irregular okurigana usage.