Words — 1 found
1. to fall down; to drop; to fall (e.g. rain); to sink (e.g. sun or moon); to fall onto (e.g. light or one's gaze); to be used in a certain place (e.g. money)
- Grandpa fell down the stairs and got a serious injury.
2. to be omitted; to be missing
- お 。
- As many as ten students failed the exam.
3. to decrease; to sink
- お 。
- The scandal hurt the company's reputation.
4. to fail (e.g. exam or class); to lose (contest, election, etc.)
- お 。
- This ink stain will not wash out.
5. to crash; to degenerate; to degrade; to fall behind
6. to become indecent (of a conversation)
7. to be ruined; to go under
8. to fade; to come out (e.g. a stain); to come off (e.g. makeup); to be removed (e.g. illness, possessing spirit, name on a list)See also 狐が落ちる きつねがおちる
9. to fall (into someone's hands); to become someone's possession
10. to fall (into a trap); to fall (for a trick)
11. to give in; to give up; to confess; to flee
12. to fall; to be defeated; to surrender
13. to come to (in the end); to end in
15. to swoon (judo)
16. to consent; to understandSee also 腑に落ちない ふにおちない
17. to go down (of a website, server, etc.); to crashComputer terminology
18. to log out (of an online game, chat room, etc.); to drop out; to leave; to go offlineSlang
19. to dieof animals
20. to move to the depthsof fish when it gets cold
21. to go down (of a website, server, etc.)Computer terminology
堕ちる 【おちる】、墜ちる 【おちる】、落る 【おちる】
落る: Irregular okurigana usage.