Words — 876 found
1. suburb; residential area on the outskirt of a city; commuter belt
2. SuburbThe word suburb mostly refers to a residential area, eith... Read more
1. foreign; abroad; overseas
1. long (distance, length)Only applies to 長い, Antonym: 短い
- か 。
- I wrote a long letter to him.
2. long (time); protracted; prolonged
- つづけ 。
- The stock market is in a prolonged slump.
1. calamity; disaster; misfortune
2. DisasterA disaster is a natural or man-made (or technological) ha... Read more
1. persecution; oppression
2. PersecutionPersecution is the systematic mistreatment of an individu... Read more
1. with the exception of; excepting; excluding
1. mistake; error; blunderSee also ミス
2. accident; mishap; trouble
3. improper conduct (e.g. between man and woman); indiscretion
1. difference; distinction; discrepancy
2. mistake; error
1. (suffering) damage; injury; harm
1. damage; injury; loss
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. desire; wish; hope
- My wish is to study painting in Paris.
2. request; entreaty; plea; appeal
- The mayor granted our request.
- My prayers were answered.
4. (written) applicationoft. 願 when used as a suffix
願: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. obstacle; impediment; hindrance; barrier; difficulty
- The pioneers have overcome a series of obstacles.
2. disorder; defect; disability; handicap; impairment; dysfunction
- His loss of memory is a psychological problem rather than a physical one.
3. steeplechaseHorse racing, Abbreviation, See also 障害競走
4. obstacle race; steeplechase (athletics)Abbreviation, See also 障害物競走
障がい 【しょうがい】、障碍 【しょうがい】、障礙 【しょうがい】
1. unexpectedly; surprisingly
2. unexpected; unanticipated; unforeseen; surprising