Words — 1245 found
1. today; this day
- The accident happened a year ago today.
2. these days; recently; nowadaysOnly applies to こんにち
- Nowadays more and more people prefer country life to city life.
今日 【こんにち】、今日 【こんち】、今日 【こんじつ】
Common word Links
1. Lord; SirHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language, Only applies to きょう
- すわ アンソニー
- On the wall there was a big picture of Sir Anthony at the piano.
2. state minister (under the ritsuryo system)Historical term, See also 律令制
3. you (in reference to someone of lower status)Archaism, Male term or language, Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language, Only applies to けい
1. (some type of) enthusiast
- He's quite crazy about golfing.
2. somebody possessed of a (certain kind of) mental abnormality
1. interest; entertainment; pleasure
2. implicit comparison (style of the Shi Jing)See also 六義
Common word Links
1. imperial capital (esp. Kyoto)Only applies to きょう
2. final word of an iroha poemOnly applies to きょう, See also 伊呂波歌
3. 10^16; 10,000,000,000,000,000; ten quadrillionusu. けい
1. bad luck; bad fortuneOnly applies to 凶
2. evil; wickednessusu. 凶
兇: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. border; boundaryusu. さかい
2. turning point; watershedOnly applies to さかい, often ...を境に
3. area; region; spot; space; environmentusu. きょう
4. psychological state; mental stateusu. きょう
5. cognitive object; something perceptible by the sense organs or mindBuddhism, Only applies to きょう
界 【さかい】、境 【きょう】
1. treating someone (to food or drink); entertaining someone (as one's guest)Archaism
1. pons (pontes); pons Varolii; pontine; part of the brain stem (links the medulla oblongata and cerebellum with the midbrain)
1. a little over; a little more thanAntonym: 弱
2. powerhouse; one of the biggest; one of the most powerful
1. classroom; lecture room
- The classroom was full of pupils.
2. department (in a university)
- May we use the language lab?
3. class; lessons; course
- I'd like to try out the aerobics class for a day.
4. school (for a particular discipline); teaching establishmentSee also 音楽教室
5. ClassroomA classroom is a room in which teaching or learning activ... Read more
1. education; schooling; training; instruction; teaching; upbringing
2. culture; cultivation; education
3. EducationEducation in its broadest, general sense is the means thr... Read more
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. church; congregation
2. Christian ChurchThis article is about followers of Jesus Christ in genera... Read more
2. teaching; instruction
3. ProfessorA professor is a scholarly teacher; the precise meaning o... Read more
1. fear; dread; dismay; terror; horror; scare; panic
2. FearFear is a distressing negative sensation induced by a per... Read more
くふ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.